It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
(male)

loftus HB User
short introduction + my WB results

Hi,
I've been suffering from unexplained symptoms for over two years, mainly dizziness and muscle twitches. I started suspecting lyme after I remembered that I had a skin rash a couple of months before I started feeling bad. I recently took a WB test and the results are as follows:

IgG
Vlse -
83kD -
60kD +/-
41kD +
39kD +/-
34kd +/-
31kD ++
25kD -
21kD -
18kD -

IgM

Vlse -
83kD -
60kD -
41kD +/-
39kD -
34kd +/-
31kD -
25kD -
21kD -
18kD -

I know that a lot of you have experience with these tests and I'd like to get some feedback. According to my doctor the results show an old infection that is not active anymore so lyme cannot be the cause of my symptoms. any thoughts ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2007, 02:49 AM   #2
(female)

ryebeach HB User
Re: short introduction + my WB results

Hi Loftus

The 31 thru 39 bands are markers of lyme There is no one test for lyme just markers to help doctors treat your symptons Since you are experiencing all these symptons and your doctor says because it is old lyme infection and it would do no good to treat this if I read the post right I think it is time to find a new doctor one that is a lyme literate doctor There are from what I have research different strains of lyme and co-infections in europe than in the US I realize from your post you are in swizerland so I am not aware of who is available to you there I am one of the chronic Lyme patients and last year had cva ( cardiavasular accident = stroke since my lyme went untreatmented by a doctor that failed to acknowledge lyme Without the typical rash the doctors in the US do not have to start treatment according to the new cdc guidelines Spiral bacteria fragments were acually found in my gallbladder when it was removed I had to pay to send the biopsy to have it tested but well worth it since it more or less confirmed the lyme presence which is rarely identified This may help lyme sufferers in the future
Also there are several co-infections that are associated with tick bites babesis bartenella and others .
I suggest you go and self educate yourself on the disease I don't know about swizerland but here in the great US of A
They continue to debate the treatment protocal of Lyme Alot of doctors fail to even acknowledge Lyme and the ones that do rely on the cdc's guidelines for treatment If the classic bullseye rash is not present they do not have to give you treatment
This is a really bad joke when it came to me since I did not have any of the classic signs but boy did it knock me flat on my butt so if I were you I would find a lyme literate doctor no matter how far you have to travel or the cost if you can afford or it not everyone can I have had to mortgage my home with a home eqity loan to cover my medical expenses and lost time of work you could be really bad off Mine went neurological and continues to persist after a year and half of treatment I suffer from cognitve problems still and have to check my correspondence for errors often before sending because you would be thinking what's up with this person she can't even spell. it is not that I can't do this but see words right the first time that are truly not right Weird but all part of this . Frustrting to someone who always was on the top of game in no matter what I was doing
Keep in mind I have made significant progress with IV rochephin for a year and am currently on zithromax IV therapy daily along with Mepron for the babesis and many other pain meds and supplements to boost my immune system I still have a way to go but am so grateful I am not where I was a year ago I am only so the doctor says 50% there to recovery because of my co-infections have to be treated now
I would suggest getting a cd-57 test done which is a simple blood test done to assist your doctor on acessing your immune system anything below a 60 is not a good sign I is showing you something is truly wrong
Mine took a dive recently because I believe I had surgery and also testing on my stomach required me to stop all supplements for 2 weeks prior to testing cut it in half
Look for ticker on the boards She is very knowledgable Not a doctor but a long time lyme patient
Good luck with your quest to find the answer Be proactive in your treatment and follow your gut when it comes to this debilitating disease Untreated it is just bound to get worse Sometimes this happens over several years and it seems everyone reacts different
Good luck
Ryebeach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2007, 11:07 PM   #3
(male)

loftus HB User

thanks for the replies. Ticker, If you could forward me the details of this german doctor that would be great. I feel I'm running out of options in Switzerland.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:55 AM   #4
(female)

gebe HB User

There is a doctor treating Lyme patiens in Pforzheim, Germany, I guess that is not too far from Switzerland? His name is Dr. Wolfgang Klemann. You will find the home page of his clinic if you search for that name. Good luck!

Closed Thread