It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 06:54 PM   #1
(male)

crc9 HB User
Lyme and rib/chest vibrations

Hi,

I've been diagnosed with lyme. Been on Antibiotics for 5 months and do feel better in some ways. One of the problems that seems to stick with me is a strange vibration on the left side of my ribs under my arms. Feels like I have butterflys or heart papiltations. I also seem to have rib pains, vibrations that move around a lot but mostly the flutters/vibrations on my left side.

I've had a cardio stress test, monitors etc over the last year and they say I have no problems with my heart.

Has anybody experienced this? Thanks.

I'm going on a midline tomorrow for ceftin and doryx. Doctor thinks that should help.

crc9

Old 12-04-2007, 05:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Lyme and rib/chest vibrations

I had EXTREME rib pain for years...don't remember butterflies.

Good Luck with the midline!!!

Hugs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

I get lots of "flutterings" through my body. You have a lot of nerves that wrap around your ribcage and it's probably just one of them going haywire. It could also be heart palpitations too. I have those as well but they aren't serious (at least in my case they aren't).

Old 12-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #4
(male)

crc9 HB User

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I wonder if they will all go away after I get through with the midline they put in me. Treating me with Ceftin IV and oral Doxy. Does the IV seem to work better?

Thanks,

Old 12-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

In my case, oral abx did not work. It's primarily b/c my symptoms are neurological. The IV is working much better.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:37 PM   #6
(male)

crc9 HB User

Thank KeyLyme,

Started on the IV with Ceftin yesterday. We'll see how I do. When I do the Ceftin I kind of get a woozie feeling while it's going in me. It goes away about 30 minutes later. Is that normal. I don't know what normal is anymore......

Thanks,

Old 12-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc9 View Post
Thank KeyLyme,

Started on the IV with Ceftin yesterday. We'll see how I do. When I do the Ceftin I kind of get a woozie feeling while it's going in me. It goes away about 30 minutes later. Is that normal. I don't know what normal is anymore......

Thanks,
Just thought I'd check in to see how your IV treatments are going. I know the first week I was on Rocephin, I felt so bad I couldn't get out of bed.

It might be to your benefit if you can find a cardiologist who is Lyme Literate. Ask your LLMD if he/she can recommend one. If you're getting light headed during these spells then obviously your blood flow is being affected.

Good luck!

Keylyme

Old 12-16-2007, 09:15 AM   #8
(male)

crc9 HB User

Hi

Thanks for checking on me. The Rocephin treatment is better now. Almost don't know I'm taking it but I'm herxing bad afterwards. I have a feeling it's from the Doxy though. After I take the doxy I start feeling lousy about 30 minutes after. I need to check with the doctor again and see if I can just do the Rocephin only. I'm on doxy 2 times a day and the Rocephin mid line once a day. Had a bad episode last night where my blood pressure went through the roof. That has been happening lately. Today it's excellent. Go figure!

Closed Thread