It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2007, 07:28 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

onmyway HB User
Picc Line - Left Arm or Right Arm????

Just a question I have for everyone. Which arm is your Picc lIne in? I have already had one in the right arm. Will they automatically go in the other arm or will they go back in the right arm again?

Any comments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Onmyway

Old 12-04-2007, 08:45 AM   #2
(male)

Rodney99 HB User
Re: Picc Line - Left Arm or Right Arm????

Hey onmyway. I was curious about the picc line too. I have mine scheduled for dec 12th by Dr. P. It didn't really work for you last time did it? Are you doing a different med or longer duration? Keep me posted. I'm really worried that I will do this and not get results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

onmyway HB User

Hey Rodney,

I am scheduled by Dr. P for tomorrow to have my line put in!

I had one before and it worked but we were ony treating Lyme Disease. I am now treating Co-Infections, Bartonella and Babesios. I am currently on Mepron, Minocycline and as of tomorrow I will be on IV Zith! Later on we will be adding in either Levaquin or Rifampin to treat the Bartonella.

I am really confident that this will be a good move. You are in good hands wiht Dr. P. He is very good at what he does. Just make sure you get tested for all co-infections.

Have you already had all your blood work done. What labs did he send them to? Did you test through Igenix? Did you come up positive on the WB? I cannot remember.

Are you getting it put in at Northside? It is really easy and not painful at all.

Keep in touch!

Onmyway

Old 12-04-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

At first, the nurse was going to put it in my right arm but I asked if she could put it in my left arm (seeing how I'm right handed) and she said "Ok".

Old 12-04-2007, 01:23 PM   #5
(male)

Rodney99 HB User

Hey Onmyway. I am going to northside to have the picc line. I think it will by IV rocephin. I did test through Igenex (as well as another lab) I tested negative for bart with the igg and igm, negative for babs with pcr. As for my western blot thru IGX it was:
23-25 ind
34 ind
and 41+++
IGG was
39 ind
41+++
What did your tests say? It seems Lyme in the south doesn't show up many bands..band 41 mostly from what I've read from people here on this board who live in the south. BTW what are your major symptoms?

Old 12-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

onmyway HB User

Thank you Key lime I will ask her tomorrow!

Hi Rodney,

I agree with the lyme in the south reflecting differently on the tests.

My test results were as follows:
IGM
30++
31Ind
39Ind
66+

Igg
34Ind
39Ind
41+

I just tested for Babesia and Bartonella via Igenex, as well as some testing from Fry Labs a smeae test and also some tesing form ******* which was for the CD 57.

My major symptoms right now are very swollen lymph nodes, painful ear and Jaw. Bad vision in my right eye as well as swelling in the right eye. Severe pain all over body especially neck and back,ankles and knees, muscle cramps,
Profuse sweating all the time, and facial flushing like i have sunburn 24/7. Oh almost forgot insomnia but I think that is form all the pain I am in. I am curently on Kadian, Vicoprofen, zanaflex, and Cymbalta and I still have breakthrough pain. The pain has actually gotten worse over tha past several months!

I am looking into possibly doing hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber as well! I need to really do some research and see where there is a place that they have the mono dive chamber not the one that you do with other people.

Where were you when you got bit? Was it in GA. I am not sure where I got bit they think I have had this for quite a while and it jsut decided to rear its ugle head last year. i used to live in NJ. Tick haven!!!

Take Care!

Onmyway

Old 12-04-2007, 05:12 PM   #7
(male)

Rodney99 HB User

Hey Onmyway...I was bit july 2006 in ballground ga north of canton. I was in the woods and I had what I thought was a spider bite. I now know it was not a spider and I have a picture I downloaded online of an em rash that looks exactly like my bite rash. I did co-infection testing too and nothing showed up. I didn't do the complete panel though for cost reasons. I am so curious about the cd57 panel. Did dr. P order this for you? What about the fry labs test, did he do that as well? Good luck tomorrow on your picc line..you are going to get better!

Old 12-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

onmyway HB User

Hi Rodney99,

The Picc insertion was a breeze! No pain at all.

No Dr. P did not order those tests for me Dr. R in New York did. I will let you know how they come out in the next couple of weeks. I am also very curious about the CD 57 as well. This will be the first one I have ever had done. Dr. R said that he does not base a lyme disease diagnosis on this test alone. In his eyes it does not hold a lot of weight.

It will be intersting to see what my number is.

I hope your insertion goes well next week. Keep me updated!

Thanks,
Onmyway

Old 12-05-2007, 06:35 PM   #9
(male)

Rodney99 HB User

So Dr R is treating you but Dr P is giving you the meds? I don't understand. Did the doctors speak?

Old 12-05-2007, 07:00 PM   #10
(male)

Rodney99 HB User

Oh yeah.. I have to work while I have the picc line in. I manage a restaurant and I am curious about how much it limits you physical abilities.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:59 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

onmyway HB User

Hi Rodney,

The Dr's are working together. Dr. R will work with a Dr. in your state if you have one that is willing to treat! It has worked out well so far.

I work as well! I am a sales director for a pool tile distributor in Norcross. I am constanly lifting things. That will have to cease and I will no longer be able to lift anything heavier that a 1 gallon milk jug with my left arm. You wil have to limit the use of whatever arm they put the line in and not lift anything heavy. It is really important to follow by this because last time i had the line in my right arm it worked it's way out and it ended up being a midline. They had to pull it. At that time we ended the IV treatment and I went onto orals.

How are you feeling? Be prepared that you may feel a little worse once you start the line. The IV antibiotics penetrate much deeper thatn orals and you will probalby experince a herx. Are you in a position to take some time off from work? Rest is so imortant! I have been pushing myself pretty hard for the past two months and I strongly believe that has contributed to my relapse as well as the unresolved coinfections.

I did my first infusion yesterday and am really tired today. I have just been laying around all day. I also slept form 7:30 last night until 6:00a.m this morning. I needed it because i have not been able to sleep the past 4 nights. It is really hard to heal when you cannot sleep!

Take care!

Onmyway

Old 12-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #12
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User

Onmyway,

Iam glad to read things are going well... Iam also glad you had your PICC put in... Let me know when you receive your test results from Dr. R.. Good Luck with the IV Zith, it did wonders for me.. It will make you VERY tired though.. I needed my nap everyday between 2:00 and 3:00 or I couldnt function at all... Did your insurance cover all 12 weeks?? Take care and good luck !!!!

Kelly

Old 12-07-2007, 07:27 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

onmyway HB User

Hey Kelly,

I am glad to hear form you!

I am excited to start the IV Zith. I already notice i was more tired as soon as I finished my first treatment! It is going to be hard working and doing all this! I am glad we are near Christmas and things are slow in our business this time of year!

How is the IV Levaquin going? How many milligrams are you on per day. I am really curious to hear about that. I did not even knwo you could do Levaquin in IV form. I tried Levaquin a coouple of months ago and I was soooooo sick! I was on 750mg oral per day. Dr. R said it was too high of a dose for me and that since I have Barotnella he strongly believes it was a bad herx. He said I could go bakc on it but at a much lower dose. Either 500mg or 250mg's. Are you still on th Zith as well. He si treating you for Bartonells correct? Did you have a positive Bart and Babesia test results? I cannot remeber what coinfections you have. Sorry.

I hope you are doing well! Please keep me updated!!

Take Care!

Onmyway

Old 12-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #14
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway View Post
Hey Kelly,

I am glad to hear form you!

I am excited to start the IV Zith. I already notice i was more tired as soon as I finished my first treatment! It is going to be hard working and doing all this! I am glad we are near Christmas and things are slow in our business this time of year!

How is the IV Levaquin going? How many milligrams are you on per day. I am really curious to hear about that. I did not even knwo you could do Levaquin in IV form. I tried Levaquin a coouple of months ago and I was soooooo sick! I was on 750mg oral per day. Dr. R said it was too high of a dose for me and that since I have Barotnella he strongly believes it was a bad herx. He said I could go bakc on it but at a much lower dose. Either 500mg or 250mg's. Are you still on th Zith as well. He si treating you for Bartonells correct? Did you have a positive Bart and Babesia test results? I cannot remeber what coinfections you have. Sorry.

I hope you are doing well! Please keep me updated!!

Take Care!

Onmyway
Onmyway,

I havent started the IV Levaquin yet.. My insurance denied the initial request.. So im working on some other things.. It will be 500mg per day though... Iam on oral Levaquin right now and its working great.. Really getting the Bartonella.. Thats 500 mg per day as well... That definitely sounds like you had a herx the first time you took it... Next time take less milligrams.. Iam no longer on Zithromax... I did it through the IV for 3 months... Enough of that.. I did have several positive western blots as well as positive for bartonella.. when are you expecting to get your results back from Dr.R?
Keep me posted... It was good to hear from you

Kelly

Closed Thread