It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
(female)

bear28 HB User
looking for support with lyme

I have had lyme since 2001. Got a virus for 3 days then quickly got better. A couple of days later had joint pain everywhere. Went to general doctor that gave me 5 days of antibiotics for unknown joint arthalgia. Needless to say a couple of months later got muscle twitching everywhere. For 2 1/2 years went undiagnosed going from neurologists to rhuematologists. (always suspected lyme) Then went to a doctor in westchester who diagnosed me with lyme. Lyme always presented in my blood work as intially infected never chronic. On oral antiobiotics for 6 months. Have not been on medication since 2004. I am considering IV. My symptoms include joint pain, tingling or weird paraesthesia on right side of my body, floaters, back pain, fatigue,heart palpitations, ringing in my ears and foggy head. I have had incidences of severe UTIs and ear fullness and spotting before my period ?able endometriosis. I am wondering if anyone can relate to any of my symptoms. I get really nervous with any neurological symptoms especially the paraesthesias on the right side of my body. I am 30 years old and would like to start a family- I am also very concerned about infertility and high risk pregnancy. There is soooo much to think about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User
Re: looking for support with lyme

Well first of all welcome, and im so sorry your sick. I've only had lyme about 2 years. But i can relate to some of your symptoms! And the medicine that seems to help me is zithromax. I've taken it off and on for about 7months now and that seems to have been the only thing thats "helped" get me back to normal. Im still not 100% but im ALOT better then where i was. I also go threw the nervousness stuff and i have the back pain to

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #3
(female)

bear28 HB User

Thanks for your support. Do you mind telling me some of your symptoms? I am glad you receive some relief from zithromax. Do you take antibiotics as your symptoms arise or have you been on them long term?

Old 12-05-2007, 09:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear28 View Post
Thanks for your support. Do you mind telling me some of your symptoms? I am glad you receive some relief from zithromax. Do you take antibiotics as your symptoms arise or have you been on them long term?
I'd be glad to tell you my syptoms. Keep in mind i've had so many i'm probably leaving some out. Headache/headpressure/eye pressure/ear poping/ear pressure/dizzyness/anxiety/heavy fatigue/jointpain/depression/backpain/body pain in general/side pain/yellow urine/popping of joints/muscle pain/weakness in muscles/bulleye rash/random other rash.

i went a year untreated...i went to 30 dr.s finally this jan. i was put on zithromax 250 mg twice a day. . . was on it like 5 total months was off it then back on...basically on and off for a few months. And back on it again. This disease also really messed with my head alot. . . . i was an emotional train wreck and it still mess's with me. My confidence and self estime and everythings gone down alot. But im still fighting threw it. I hope you are to. STAY STRONG!!! and were all here for you.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:59 AM   #5
(female)

Aimiloo HB User

Hi, I can totally relate as I'm 30 and we want to start a family next year. I've had Lyme for 8 years and have just started treatment on Doxy with a Doctor in CT. My Dr knows our plans for TTC, but he didn't seem to thrilled when I told him next year. I told him I'll give it a year on drugs and we'll go from there.

I have a lot of your symtoms. I'm not sure how far your parathesis goes. I get the terrible numbness and tinglying in one side one day, then it will move the other day. It drives me bonkers!

I have had almost every symptom on 'the list'. It sucks.

Welcome, this is a helpful community.

Closed Thread