It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2007, 08:10 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

sarah92202 HB User
Lightbulb Prolotherapy amazing results

Hi board I have been away for awhile because of my left arm and shoulder I basically lost all use of it, and the pain was like someone was breaking it and then sticking a hot fire poker into it. My shoulder completely froze up and I couldn't lift my arm at all, it has been progressively gotten worse over the last 1 1/2 years and no doctor could tell me what was wrong with it, and they don't seem to know anything about how Lyme effects a persons nerves, tendons, ligamnets, etc WELL Yesterday, I went to my endo for Addison's check-up and he talked to me about prolotherapy injections and I was to the point where whatever you want to do go ahead and do it (it is not a steriod!!) It is a sugar & water solution that they inject into damaged muscle, tendons, ligaments that causes inflamation, that in turn helps the bodies immune system to jump start and heal the area. I know sounds like hokey pokey right? WELL I had 12 injections in my shoulder and upper arm yesterday morning, and today I can raise my arm,(not completely over my head, but my hand to my head--which is a major improvement, and my shoulder is moving) my shoulder is sore, but it is no longer frozen, and it doesn't hurt as bad, like not even half as bad, and I am using it!! I am so thrilled, it is amazing. I still can't even believe it. Has anyone else tried this therapy? I turned it down when he mentioned it before because I just couldn't see it working, Oh how I wish I had tried it months ago!! Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Re: Prolotherapy amazing results

Whoa girl, that's great news!

I am soooo happy this worked for you. Will you be continuing the shots?

Keep us posted.

Peace and health to you,
Mickie

Old 02-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
(female)

bluesky78 HB User
Re: Prolotherapy amazing results

Wow - I'm so glad to hear that!! I'm considering prolo myself so it's nice to hear good reviews. Keep us posted on your progress.

Closed Thread