It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Marsha, Shanna, Maureen: where for art thou?

I miss you all! I pray you're keeping well or at least keeping your spirits up.

Illness stinks.

Please pop in and let us know you're okay.

Peace and health to you,
Mickie

Old 12-15-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Re: Marsha, Shanna, Maureen: where for art thou?

Mickie
Just looked at the board. First time in weeks. Thanks for asking about me.

Seems my lyme is under control. My big problem is the lesions in my brain. My llmd told me to see a neuro back in the early summer. He agreed with the MRI report that stated MS. I honestly don't know if the lyme caused the MS but I do believe that I have had it for years too.

I am to start injections in Jan that are called Betaserion. It can cause flu like symptoms until your body gets used to it. But then I'm used to being sick. lol.

Several months ago had double pneumonia (viral) and was in hospital for 6 days. Pretty sick. Not bouncing back very quickly.

I think I remember you starting to see a few good days. How is it going. Are you doing better. Still computer working 24+ hours a day. Taking care of 2 kids on top of that.

Hello to everyone else too.

Dr Jemsek moved out of Charlotte. So I do not have a lyme dr. Hope and pray that I won't ever need one again.

Are you planning a big Christmas. Or just a slow and easy one.
Take care and I'll check back soon.
Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 12-15-2007 at 03:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2007, 06:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Marsha! So nice to see you. You singing this year?

What a mess you been through! That is a real heavy load to carry.

Wishing you more days without pain and suffering!

Hugs

Old 12-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Hey JoJo
Not singing this year. Not quite up to that yet.

Just developed more sore spots on my head yesterday and thought of you. But then I went to Dr yesterday and have an infection. One side of my neck looks like it has a goose egg under the skin. Pain..... I think that is the reason for the sore spots on my head. Do you still have those? Also bladder infection.

But I did have a couple weeks I felt pretty good.

How are you doing. Update...

Marsha

Old 12-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #5
(female)

deccajay HB User

is Maureen a doctor?

Old 12-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Deccajay
Maureen is not to the best of my knowledge a Dr. She is a fellow lymie that has been suffering some really bad times last I heard. Hope she is better. I would like an update on her also. How is theraphy going. Any Iiprovement?

Been a rough day everyone. Felt like staying in bed, but had a funeral this afternoon and a friends family visitation tonight. The latter was a 60 yr old friend I sang with in the Choir for years. I will miss her but know someday I will sing again with her.

Would like to hear from Shanna and Tronni also.
Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 12-16-2007 at 07:31 PM.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:16 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Marsha!

Yes I still have the inflammation on my head. They tend to bother me around the time of the full moon. They don't play the up and down thing anymore they are just permanently there. Sitting at the backside of my head around my soft spot....

I can still feel the swelling in the mucosa of my mouth. The right side of my mouth I still can't taste things on this side.

Since I have been put on Valcyte and Valtrex my head has cleared up alot. Not perfect but better than last year at this time. I can now have dreams. I love that part. Still not every night but alot more now.

The muscles in my arms and legs feel better also since I have been on the antivirals. Still working on strecthing out the tendons and muscles for my index fingers.

There is a long ways to go. But I am better than what I was a year ago, and Termendous from 5 years ago!

I still have to watch myself around the full moon. But I don't have to go to the ER anymore for shots to calm me down. Thank goodness!

I don't mean to sound like a broken record. But did you do reading up on the Chlamydia Pnumoniae bacteria? I am still being treated for this one. Everyday doctors do NOT understand this bacteria. Just like they don't understand Lyme. I read you had pnumoniae recently. Just because the doc's treat you for 10 days or a month for this bacteria it has different stages to it's life also. And needs to be treated until you are symptom free. It lies in ones body like Lyme and has many conditions it can cause....such as M.S. , dementia, fibro, alsheimers. ect ect....

Read up on Stratton/Vanderbilt Protocol.

There are M.S. patients that are being treated with antibiotics and are being helped. Weather it is Lyme or what ever else bacteria they can cause M.S.
I don't mean to say your doctor is wrong. I just beleive there is hope.

Sorry to hear you aren't going to beable to sing this year. Possibly you will be able to go and enjoy listening.

Watch those sore spots. In my heart and confirmation from my doctor feel it is just little critters just sitting in there waiting...

How are the grandkids? Keeping you busy?

I hope and Pray that you will be able to find some answers.

Hugs to you!

Old 12-17-2007, 12:00 PM   #8
(female)

deccajay HB User

ok, I was just curious. One of the Doctors who treated me was named Maureen and she also had lyme herself. I figured I would ask

Old 12-22-2007, 07:05 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

[B]Hi Marsha....read up on Wheldon Protocol....there are alot of people with M.S. getting antibiotic treatment. One of the main culprits could be Chlamydia Pnumoniae, Virus's or other bacteria's.

Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

Hugs

]

Closed Thread