It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2007, 03:09 PM   #1
(male)

Rodney99 HB User
Herxing and scared.

I'm on day 3 of the picc line and rocephin IV and I feel horrible. The worst symptom and scariest one is POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia) when I went to my doc today, I told them that my heart races when I try to stand. They checked my bp and both my bp and heart rate were high. They both went really high when they took it standing up. So basically they put me on IV fluids (saline) to help flush out the toxins from the die-off and It helped a bit. But this heart thing is scaring me. I'm fine lying on my back but when I get up to go to the bathroom my heart starts racing and I feel bad. Even sitting up to type this message is hard...it makes me feel weak shakey and anxious. Anyone else here have POTS symptoms when they herxed? Thank you everybody.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

onmyway HB User
Re: Herxing and scared.

Rodney,

I am so sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I have nto had experience with this but anytime your heart is involved is it really scary.

Please take care care of yourdelf and rest as much as possible.

Onmyway

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2007, 09:02 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

LymieGirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney99 View Post
I'm on day 3 of the picc line and rocephin IV and I feel horrible. The worst symptom and scariest one is POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia) when I went to my doc today, I told them that my heart races when I try to stand. They checked my bp and both my bp and heart rate were high. They both went really high when they took it standing up. So basically they put me on IV fluids (saline) to help flush out the toxins from the die-off and It helped a bit. But this heart thing is scaring me. I'm fine lying on my back but when I get up to go to the bathroom my heart starts racing and I feel bad. Even sitting up to type this message is hard...it makes me feel weak shakey and anxious. Anyone else here have POTS symptoms when they herxed? Thank you everybody.
Hi, Rodney...

I have high blood pressure when I Herx, too...and I Herx pretty much
all the time. Before treatment my blood pressure was 120 / 80. Now it
sometimes peaks out at 165 / 99. Some days it does drop down to
a more normal level, but then it will rise right back up with a new
Herx. I'm hoping this is temporary and resolves itself once I'm
feeling better.

Please talk to your doctor about your blood pressure. It's nothing
to fool around with. But I do want you to know that you aren't
alone -- for some people (like you and me) high BP is part of a Herx.

Maybe your doctor can give you ideas on how to detox at home?
I'd love to hear about anything that works for you, especially since
I'm in the same boat.

LymieGirl

Old 12-14-2007, 10:12 PM   #4
(male)

Rodney99 HB User

Lymiegirl, it's soothing to know that it happens with a herx sometimes. My BP is still a little high, but my heart has slowed down a bit. Geez, rocephin is strong stuff. I expected a herx but wasn't prepared for my heart to act up. My doc said the exact same thing happened earlier in the week with another of his lyme patients. Thanks and get well soon.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:34 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

The first week I was on Rocephin was HORRIBLE. I now refer to it as "Hell week". I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed, shooting pains, nausea, vertigo, hallucinations...the whole 9 yards.

Hang in there, hopefully it should start to get better in a few more days. Sorry that you're so sick.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

The best thing is you know that it is a Herx. As someone said earlier this med is powerful.
For the first eight weeks I wanted to die in the worst way from the depression..and it had been so long since I felt a lift from the depression, I just kind of got lost in it. So if you can keep reminding yourself his feeling with the heart racing will pass...it just make take some time, try that...And really lean on family and friends..call them, have them visit....talk to them...
The disease has so much time to accumulate before you even get the late stage symptoms, so there is much catching up to do.
Hang in there!

Rodney

BTW, the depression has lifted a good deal

Closed Thread