It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #1
(female)

kdmari HB User
What does your dizziness feel like?

My dizziness feels like I'm in an earthquake. For instance, I can be walking in a shopping centre, and all of a sudden I could swear the ground is raising and dropping 3 feet each way under my feet. Other times I feel like I'm walking on a moving train, and at others times when I'm sitting, I feel like my chair is bouncing up and down. I just read in a recent post that some of you have similar sensations and would like to know how common this is, and if it's a type of dizziness that's especially connected with Lyme Disease. So far I haven't tested positive for Lyme, and 'officially' have Fibromyalgia, so I've been jumping between the two boards. I had a bite that gave me a rash just weeks before my symptoms started back in '96. Would sure like some answers. Thanks!

kd

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #2
(female)

mctassi HB User
Re: What does your dizziness feel like?

hey kd,
I have a constant lightheadedness with "waves" of dizziness. I can be walking, sitting, anything and get this "wave". It does seem like you describe. I've been on abx (oral doxy) for about three months. It has gotten better, but overall I don't seem to be much better. It's really slow going. Take care. Mc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2007, 02:33 PM   #3
(male)

Rodney99 HB User

My dizziness is like a rocking sensation, like I am moving when I know I'm not. Left, right, up, down. Down is the worst. I do know that when I started IV rocephin my dizziness became so bad I could hardly walk. I also have a slight vague headache. And when I lay down to sleep I feel like someone is nudging the bed. It is my worst symptom by far, because it makes me agrophobic. I don't like places like shopping centers and grocery stores because all the visual information makes it worse. Hope you get answers soon.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:17 PM   #4
(female)

kdmari HB User

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I feel lightheaded almost all the time too. The dizziness comes and goes throughout the day, but the lightheadedness has been 24/7 for 2 years now, and it interferes with my concentration too. I find myself getting frustrated very easily.

Rodney, I've had sensations like someone is pushing the bed at night too. I'll feel like the bed's being softly poked at setting it swaying back and forth sideways. I guess it's all part of the dizziness. Pretty strange.

I hope the treatment works for both of you!

kd

Old 12-17-2007, 06:58 PM   #5
(male)

Rodney99 HB User

when I started rocephin 4 days ago the dizziness and rocking sensations went crazy!

Closed Thread