It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

fernee HB Userfernee HB User
Unhappy Mood Swings and depression

I am not sure if this is lyme related or not because I do have depression on both sides of my family.

I use to get a little depressed here and there in the past but nothing unusual. Lately though, I have been under stress and am very depressed. I find myself crying at every little thing. Just feeling so overwhelmed. Sometimes, I feel like I am literally "losing" it and wonder if this is what a nervous breakdown feels like. If it was not for my children I do sometimes wonder what I would do.

Then other times, my kids say I am so hyper and talking franctic and they have no idea what I am talking about.

Is this normal? Should I be talking to my lyme doctor about this (appt this Thurs) or my primary?

Old 12-17-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Mood Swings and depression

Hi Fernee...sorry you are going through this. I went through it really bad. Before it was figured out I had lyme...Boy it was crazy. I think many people with lyme go through it. Remember you are dealing with intruders in your brain. Hormones out of whack, medications and just plain being run down...

IF I were you I would talk with your LLMD. And if your primary believes in lyme you might want to talk to him/her also. Just in case you need help. Your not crazy, this is just one of the hard things of this disease to go through. The manic part horrid. I was put on all types of antidepressants from G.P's ...none of them worked honestly think they made me worse. But we are all different.

Hang in there. Let us know how your appt goes....

Hugs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread