It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

sue416 HB User
Smile Dr. DeJonge - Grand Rapids, MI

We finally did it! We got in to see a real LLMD! Dr. DeJonge, D.O. is great! He has clinically diagnosed both my husband and daughter with lyme. My husband has had it since 1972! He distinctly remembers camping in May and then having "ringworm" and a horrible case of "flu" that summer. Since that time he has had almost all the symptoms on the list in varying degrees at some time or another. We wouldn't have solved the mystery if our daughter hadn't begun having seizures and become diabetic last July and then gotten an equivical lyme test. Of course the second test came back negative so the doctor disregarded it. But it was enough to make me start looking. I am so thankful for this board! I know it will be a long hard road for Steve with no promises of health in the near future, but it may have saved my daughter's life. She had told me that she'd rather kill herself than become as sick as her dad. Now she has hope for a bright future!

They are both on oral doxycycline and a ton of supplements. (I still can't believe how much I spent yesterday!) and Dr. DeJonge will have the Igenex tests done and will test for the co-infections when we go back in four weeks . This time he took 10 viles of blood to test for a bunch of other stuff, too. He is very thorough and knowledgeable.

Sue

Old 12-19-2007, 08:38 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User
Re: Dr. DeJonge - Grand Rapids, MI

congratulations Sue- that is great news!!!! What a holiday present! Your family is lucky to have you to care so much for them and do the digging it takes to get to the right road with Lyme. Best wishes for family wellness and happiness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sue416 HB User
Re: Dr. DeJonge - Grand Rapids, MI

Thanks Zandvoort! I am so happy. Steve even went to my office Christmas party with me this week which he hasn't done for quite a few years. He felt rotten as ever, but it's so much easier to face people when you can actually give them a name for your condition! We finally feel that we are treating the illness and not just the symptoms.

Closed Thread