I feel as though I am on a roller coaster right now. We had bought our house in Florida and after moving there realized my lyme was never treated "properly" and my duaghters arthritis caused her terrible pain which raised her sugar levels. We were from Maryland and I had heard of Dr. Singleton here so I got an appt with him and we took a trip. Everyone had decided that we would move back because we thought it was in everyones best interest. However, not so sure.
My daughters arthrits is bad here now too, so I guess it is just going to be bad where ever we are, hot or cold. My husbands arthritis is much worse here though and my boys allergies are terrible to where they are sick. Our house is just sitting in Florida. It has been on the market for sale and for rent but no one is looking. Market sucks!! In the meantime we are paying high rent here in Maryland. We are not looking to purchase anything here because we still have that house.
We have money in savings that we were not touching but we found that even though we make a lot more here than in Florida we had been touching that monthly to either make the rent payment or Florida mortgage. Our rent here is double the mortgage there. We have debated and decided that we will end up going back unless it sells. It is a very small town, laid back. Just not any doctors around and I believe the only LLMD is in Tampa which is about 4 hours away. Mine here is 30 minutes.
Everyone has put the wait on me. My husband does not want to make any move and put me backwards (he believes the move will do it) until I am "cured". However, I am coming to the conclusion that I may never be completely done with lyme. I have been on oral meds since April and now IV for 3 weeks.
So my dilemna is do I keep on waiting and wasting all this money on rent or do I just try and line up an appt with a doctor down there and on one of our trips get in and arrange to have him as my backup. I am just confused. I did enjoy the simple life there but got scared with the health issues of my daughter. It is hard to plan for anything with the house just sitting there and feels really stupid to be wasting money on rent here when the house is there.
Any advice would be appreicated. Does anyone know of any other doctors in Florida and what are your opinions about the ones here. To be honest, I have not been too thrilled with the one I have here but feel as though I am getting somewhere finally.
I drive 3 hrs to see the LLMD in Tampa and he is well worth it, in my opinion. He does take insurance as well, but as far as I know does not do Pedi. Lyme patients. Teens yes, younger no as far as I understand.
As well once you get into treatment with the Dr., you are then seen every 2 months (unless there is a problem), so the 4 hr drive is not so bad. You have to have a local PCP that is willing to work with the Dr. as well. He does this for PICC line purposes.
Thank you for the reply. Yeah, I am sure I could get use to the drive. I was seeing the LLMD here every other month but for the past it has been monthly but he does not take any insurance which is a pain and expensive.
The LLMD here waited from June until the end of last month to start my PICC. Tried every combination abx there was first and said we would try 4 weeks. Somehow I do not think that is enough considering the beginning of summer he predicted I would be better by the end.