It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

isk8 HB User
shock sensations

I have been positive and then negative on the WB test. I have all the symptoms of Lyme but in my arms (especially) and throughout my body I have the pins and needles feeling, like I am holding onto an electric fence with a low current. Is this also a symptom? I have not heard anyone else mention this.

Thanks

Old 03-22-2008, 05:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User
Re: shock sensations

Yep. I get this. I tingle all the time, but not really "buzz". My tingling feels more like how static on the tv looks. Light, but always there. Gets worse from time to time.

It's in both feet, legs, hands, arms and usually the left side of my face. Sometimes my tongue and lips.

It's called paresthesia and is related to peripheral neuropathy.

I also get electrical shocks through my body in response to movement and sound.

Ain't lyme fun? :P

The Following User Says Thank You to Nyxie63 For This Useful Post:
FloridaLymie (08-30-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #3
(female)

isk8 HB User

Thanks so much for the response to my "shock question" I was beginning to think I was gonna have a stroke or something b/c even my head and lower jaw tingle at times. This feeling makes me want to crawl out of my skin like if a person were to have an anxiety attack but it is not in my mind it is in my whole body. Do you have any opinion on Igenx lab?

Thanks,
J

Old 03-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
(female)

isk8 HB User

Hi,

yes I have a great deal of these symptoms and I have had two western blots. First one came back positive for p41 and 23. redid test two weeks later and the strand 23 was then negative which in turn made my (CDC )results as a negative test. I have also had a PCR done which was negative. Lab Corp is the lab that did all of the testing. I am scheduled to have all of the co infections lab work this coming week at a different lab but will eventually have to use IgeneX as I keep hearing it is the best (and most expensive) to confirm this diag. I have been on Doxy for 3 weeks now and my severe arm pain has gone away but this shocking electrical sensation is the most annoying at this time. My muscles really throb and twitch (like I just worked out hard the day before, which I haven't done for two months now b/c I hurt so much) and my joints in my hands (little finger) really ache.

This just stinks as I was very active and have two children who need a mom who can participate in their lives. I have become very sad about all of this.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:15 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi isk8. How long have you been sick?

I cannot understand why doctors do not treat patients when they have a positive test.

It can take time, but with proper treatment you can get better. Always remember this okay?

What dose of Doxy are you taking? Are you aware of all the tips about taking it? Do not have any dairy, magnesium, or iron products within two hours of taking the Doxy or it will not be absorbed properly. If it makes you nauseous, eat something substanital and non-diary before taking it. Avoid the sun. You can get a severe burn in minutes even when wearing sunscreen. Do not lay down for at least an hour after taking it or you can ulcerate your esophagus. This is very painful! Drink a full glass of water when you take it for the same reason.

Are you aware of the Jarisch-Herxheimer Reaction (herx)? Often when people who have Lyme take antibiotics, their symptoms get worse or they get new ones. When the antibiotics kill the bacteria, toxins are released making them feel sicker. It can be very scary, but it shows the antibiotics are working. Although it can vary individually, many people experience this at the beginning or change of treatment and every three to four weeks.

During treatment, it is a good idea to document your symptoms. One easy way to do this is to list the three main symptoms you have each day with a numerical rating of their severity from 1-10. Over time when you review this, you can see when your herxes occur and how you are responding to the meds.

In my opinion, the most important thing someone who has Lyme can do is see a Lyme knowledgeable doctor and be tested for all the co-infections. What part of FL are you in? If you would like a doctor recommendation, let us know.

Last edited by ticker; 03-23-2008 at 07:16 AM.

Old 03-23-2008, 05:43 PM   #6
(female)

isk8 HB User
Smile Re: shock sensations

I have had symptoms that I had not put together for about a year but most severely for the past 3-4 months. I take 100 mg of doxy 2x day and am being tested for the co infections on Thurs. I am in the Orlando area and it is so hard to find a dr. I have one that of course is not in my insurance network and an initial office visit is 375 for an hour consult but he is the most experienced that I have found. I would like to find a neurologist in my area as my symptoms have moved into my nerves, spinal area and the anxiety feeling I am having in my body makes my skin crawl. I guess after I get the results back regarding the co infections from the lab that is in my network and if they are negative I will have to resort to the Igenex (sp?) lab to see what they say. I would love a recommendation for a dr in my area that has a clue about this as all three that I have had contact with seem to have a different protocol for treating this.

Each day is a new day. I am a Christian and believe that God will lead me to the right person. I say lots of prayers!

Old 03-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi isk8. From what I understand, the recommended dose of Doxy for Lyme is 300-600 mg daily.

There is a Lyme doctor in Temple Terrace (near Tampa). His name is Dr. Michael Cichon.

I hope you can get proper treatment soon. Keep us posted okay?

Old 03-31-2008, 08:42 AM   #8
(female)

AuntSissy HB User

My husband get a shock through his head. It happens when he moves his head a certain way, he can never really fall into a deep sleep, if he relaxes his head to much it will happen. He say's it starts in the front and goes to the back of his head real fast. He said its the worst feeling ever.

Closed Thread