It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008, 07:43 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

tiredpoet HB User
fatigue

A question for those of you who are diagnosed and undergoing (or have undergone) treatment: I'm just wondering how many of you suffer from unbearable fatigue and muscle weakness? Have any of you ever had this go away, and if so what helped it?

My muscles are not weakened by exertion. They actually feel extremely weak and fatigued as if they've been worked to their limits, even though if I have done nothing but rest. No doctor has been able to explain why and my LLMD says it is a common complaint with Lyme and may be fibromyalgia caused by Lyme. But no one has said if it will ever get better.

I find myself excessively weak in the mornings, but on certain days, such as today, the weakness is worse than usual and remains unbearable all day long. The fatigue is constant. I'm wiped out for no apparent reason all the time. I'm nearing the end of my three months of tetracycline and will be starting something new in May, and I know I've been a bit more tired on the antibiotics, but the varying degrees of muscle weakness was just as bad before I started treatment. I'd just like to know if I can expect to feel like this even after my Lyme treatment, because quite frankly these symptoms are the only ones I really cannot deal with. I was hoping I'd see an improvement after a few months of treatment, but so far I haven't.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:11 AM   #2
(female)

Aimiloo HB User
Re: fatigue

Lack of energy has always been one of my symptoms however I'd never experienced it along with muscle weakness until I went on the tetracyclin. It started then, the on the ceftin/biaxin combo it REALLY hit. I felt like I'd hiked a mountain, my legs were SO shakey all the time. I was sick for a week at home and moved around the house, not much, so I was worried it was atrophy! When it didn't go away I thought harder and realized it had happened on the tetra and continuted onto the ceftin/biaxin.

I'm happy to report that on the Zithro/Mepron combo I'm not feeling ANY of this. At all. I'm praying this is my solution.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User

Hi.. I have the answer for fatigue.. I was tired ALL the time.. I couldnt get through the day with out a nap.. Then my LLMD prescribed me Provigil.. It is amazing.. I HIGHLY recommend it.. I take the lowest dosage and it makes me go through the day with out that annoying tired feeling, and I had NO side effects.. AT ALL.. Iam going to write a post soon about it.. Iam so surprised I havent heard about this sooner.. All LLMD's should be prescribing this pill..

Kelly

Old 04-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

tiredpoet HB User

I actually have tried Provigil and it didn't work well for me. I currently take Adderall and it's not so great either. My fatigue seems to be a combination of both serious exhaustion and extreme muscle fatigue. I don't think stimulants or medications like Provigil work for me because it's the muscle fatigue rather than sleepiness.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:20 AM   #5
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User

Iam sorry that the provigil didnt work for you... I just get extreme fatigue and not muscle issues.. Hopefully there will be something out there that works well for you

Good luck
Kelly

Old 04-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

tiredpoet HB User

I was so excited when I was prescribed Provigil. I had high hopes for it. It is apparently a miracle for a lot of folks.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #7
(female)

carolynjane HB User

Hi TiredPoet,

Fatigue is a big problem for me also though recently my energy has gone up alot because of a supplement called D-Ribose. not sure if im allowed to post the brand name i use here but you can email me privately and i will tell you.
i would say my energy level went up from about 40% to 70% after a few weeks of using it at 5mg 3 x day. im always trying different things for energy and so far none of them really make much of a difference but this one is supposed to help with muscle energy atp and ive been able to exercise so much more since ive been on it. i know everyone is different but maybe it is something worth trying for u? i tryed Provogil also but found it increased my pain levels and made me feel edgy (tho that could have been the pain)
hope you find a solution soon, dont give up, something will work for you it just takes a while to find the right combination of things.
Good luck!

Closed Thread