It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2008, 06:46 PM   #1
(male)

phmtakes3 HB User
Lyme disease and numbness

Does any one know if Lyme disease can cause a constant numbness in the left corner of the mouth and the ends of the fingers on the left hand?

I have had this for over a year. I have been tested twice for Lyme desease, plus MS, heart conditions and have had a CAT scan, two MRI's and a MRA. I have also had a spinal tap. Nothing is showing up. This is driving me nuts. It gets more pronouced in cold weather. It feels like it is right under my skin and kind of like a novican shot.

Any suggestions?

Old 10-31-2008, 06:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Lyme disease and numbness

Hi, Welcome to the board. Testing for lyme is not accurate. Did your doctor run a Western Blot test for Lyme? If he/she did were there any bands that were pulled up?

I went to neurologist to neurologist wondering why my arms, legs, fingers, toes, were numb. Nothing showed.

Have you been tested for Mycoplasma Pnumoniae, Chlamydia Pnumoniae, Epstein Barr, Cytomeglovirus or any other herpe family? There are many bacteria's, virus's, protozoa's ect that can invade the body and cause numbness. and many other disorders.

With the proper treatment my numbness is about 90 per cent gone.

Do you have other symptoms?

Good Luck to you, hope you find your answers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2008, 08:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

fernee HB Userfernee HB User
Re: Lyme disease and numbness

This was the first symptom I had. My lower right side of my face was numb. But everything moved around fine. It still happens only now it comes and goes verse before it was always there and would sometimes move up the tip of my nose. It lasted for months and I just got use to it. Then one day I realized it was not numb so I knew the meds were doing something.

Closed Thread