It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2008, 01:05 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User
Leaky gut/lyme disease

hey all

i posted here a while back, i have had a positive western blot but negative on other tests.. no real symptoms except for leaky gut which is causing major food allergies.

wondered if you guys knew anything about leaky gut and lyme disease, and was wondering about the food allergy thing?

thanks
scott

Last edited by Administrator; 05-10-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Dr. Steven Harris Leaky gut/lyme disease

Hi Scott, I have read through the many lyme boards <about> lyme related illnesses.

I had the problems also with (leaky gut) with proper treatment mine went away, and I had it for "years".

Hope your appt. goes well.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-10-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2008, 05:04 AM   #3
(female)

lymelink HB User
Smile Re: Dr. Steven Harris Leaky gut/lyme disease

Greetings:
I am new here and live in Pa. recently heard alpha lipoic acid and L-carnitine help with brain fog and reversing memory issues/dimentia. Dr. Oz has shown patients with Alzheimers who had spirochetosis in brain. He recently had a radio show on Lyme. Thanks for info on lyme-literate docs in PA. Good Luck to all!

Last edited by Administrator; 05-10-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Old 12-07-2008, 07:26 AM   #4
(female)

jugina45 HB User

Please, what exactly is leaky gut? Also, could anyone be kind enough to let me know if you know how long after stopping Doxy, can you go out in the sun? I have been switched to Azithromycin, after a month series of Doxy, then month IV Rocephin, back to Doxy..switched to Zithro because am supposed to go away to Bahamas for Xmas
(as an escape gift from a very kind husband) Thank you so much for any advice, it would be so appreciated??

Old 12-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #5
(female)

mesmall HB User

My Dr. said 7 days

Old 12-08-2008, 12:32 AM   #6
(female)

lymelink HB User
Smile Re: Dr. Steven Harris Leaky gut/lyme disease

In my experience, leaky gut can be helped naturally by eating yogurt and taking acidophilus supplements that are found in the frig section of health food stores. This product helps in healing the digestive system. It was especially helpful when taking IV antibiotics which which cause yeast growth. Antibiotics didn't cure me, because I wasn't treated immediately. It's also great in helping reduce the allergies that come about due to suppression of the immune system. It's not a cure for leaky gut, but a great help in dealing with lyme and antibiotic use.

Closed Thread