It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2008, 08:07 PM   #1
(male)

Dusty55 HB User
trying to work it out

This is the first time on. Thankful for the health board. Im from New Zealand and was over in Okla city. Went out mountain bike with some friends early serval times while there. Noticed that i had itchness around my ankles and did not stop to really check it out as we don't have ticks ( not a major problem at this point anyway) in NZ. But did notice these dark red small pin heads. It was about 24 hrs later that started to feel fevor and aching. Over the 7 weeks there I had numbness in feet and hands saw neck, back ach etc. Went to two doctors and had blood test done all came back normal. Came home and started to do some investigation and came up with lyme D. Went Doc but she thinks it is not but had some more blood tests run in which im waiting on results. She is testing me for Barrelia serology and Rickettsiae serology. She has put me on 100 mg of Doxycycline for 2 weeks which i have just finished incase it is. Still feel the same. It been about 10 weeks since I got bitten.

I have alot of questions and I need someone down under in NZ who has expereince in these things, how do i find some one. Any help would be greatful.

Dusty

Old 02-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
(male)

Dusty55 HB User
Wink Re: trying to work it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPHill View Post
Dusty

I'm sorry you brought home Lymes from your vacation. You're lucky you caught it early.

My family and I have had it for several years. Even with antibiotics, it still isn't cured.

Your doctors may not be able to help you except keep you on strong antibiotics. We see a naturopathic doctor (Dr. Darvish) who prescribes holistic medicine. Believe me, this stuff is strong, but it has helped.

Don't give up and keep searching for answers.

Lisa
Angel

Thanks so much for your encouragement. I have been look at alternative so it was interesting that you mentioned this. We are conversing with a Alternative doctor at the moment.

So we will see how this goes. Thanks for your interest.

Dusty55

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread