It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
(female)

aust HB User
Lymes in Australia

Hi There! Help me, I live in Australia and am 36 and apparently lymes doesnt happen here according to my doctor...Long story short, this is only over a 8 day period......I got bitten by a tick 4 weeks ago, and went to the doctor on Thurs with fuzzy head and headache, swollen gland and loss of hearing in one ear. He kept asking me if I had scratched my head or been bitten by anything as the symptoms were down one side...at the end of the appt when he asked again I said "oh yeah a tick but that was 4 weeks ago"....He said lets leave it and see how you go. Over the next 2 days symptoms got worse, but then within 4 days, I was vomitting, had Diarrhea, constipation, couldnt concentrate, had an anxiety attack, couldnt breath properly, restless legs, feel like I am going freakin crazy, cant think properly, cant even comprehend what the kids are saying, tingling legs, ankles are cracking and sore, feel like I have shin splints, knees are sore, crying for no reason, neck is killing me, no taste buds, cant sleep properly, keep having the same dream over and over!! The list is never ending, and everyday something new happens but it all comes and goes.

Well I knew I wasnt crazy, and something was seriously going on with my body, checked out tick bites on the internet and came across lymes...went to the doctor on monday and walked into the room and broke down, and said I feel like I am going nuts....I think I have lymes...to only be told, "lymes doesnt exist in australia and to send me home again after getting the run of the mill blood tests, all came back clear! Next day I was back with more symptoms and totally p*ssed off, talk about being split personalities...I told him if you cant tell me what the hell I have got, I want to be put on antibodies to treat Lyme disease and I want blood tests done now.....He rang someone and obviously got the lowdown, and this guy told him he has treated patients with lymes in AUSTRALIA...So today have had bloodtest done the test was called "Lymes Sera???)dont remember the full name...and am on Cephalexin....my only worry now is the blood tests will come back negative and he will think I dont have it.....through research I have heard of a lot of cases the tests dont come back positive..I am sooo going with my gut instinct here and am sure I have it!

So my questions are:

What bloodtests should I specifically ask for if they come back negative?
Do all these symptoms take effect after only 4 weeks of getting the tick bite?
What stage does it sound like I am in??

All I can say is thank god for the internet!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
(male)

Nexis HB User
Re: Lymes in Australia

Igenex is a Lyme lab testing in California USA. They told me that they have had blood tests send to them from Australia.

I live abroad too how little or non-existent Lyme is here, and had my blood sent to them because their testing is very specific, so contact Igenex to have the full blood test with them.

Last edited by Nexis; 01-20-2009 at 12:45 AM.

Closed Thread