It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
(male)

wdiguy HB User
Lyme being transmitted through sex

This is bothering me really bad..... I have been researching it and no one has a definite answer but some believe you can. So besides having Lyme, sex is out the window now too? What is worth living if you cant be with someone..... no one would want to be with u if they can get it. This is the most depressing thing yet for me. Everything keeps getting worse.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

marshrose HB User
Re: Lyme being transmitted through sex

I have read that 'it is possible' I have yet to KNOW or MEET a lymie, whos husband or significant other has lyme, from 'sex' they all (that I knew of and currently) had a tick bite they can recall, not blaming their spouse or significant other.

Lyme is a (yes I won't spell it right) spirochete germ, which compared to other spirochete diseases, those are and can be sexually transmitted. I have yet to (not thatI have not read up on medical abstracts in QUITE AWHILE), find something to 'prove' or 'disprove' its transmission sexually. My (now x) husband never got it from me, and we had a sex life, went down the tubes but we still had one lol (from the marriage not the lyme). Read up on medline or check out Columbia Universities website and see if there's anything mentioning such, it was never anything in my life, or currently, that hinders my sex life, from when I was my sickest, to now, that I am 'cured' or in 'remission' whatever you want to call it. I haven't been sick since 2002/2003 with lyme anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2009, 06:53 AM   #3
(female)

jvs HB User

Dear widiguy,
I can tell you that Lyme is transmitted from a pregnant women to her fetus. Also if a Lyme patient is trying to get pregnant Lyme doctors will ask the husband to take antibioitics while they are trying to concieve, to prevent him from becoming infected.
I think the jury is still out on that question. But it is always better to practice safe sex. There are far worse diseases transmitted now adays through sex such as HIV.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #4
(male)

SayWhatImFoggy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdiguy View Post
This is bothering me really bad..... I have been researching it and no one has a definite answer but some believe you can. So besides having Lyme, sex is out the window now too? What is worth living if you cant be with someone..... no one would want to be with u if they can get it. This is the most depressing thing yet for me. Everything keeps getting worse.
Hey, I never saw an official post if you were diagnosed but saw this post. Were you officially diagnosed after visiting the LLMD?

Old 11-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
(male)

kolesj81 HB User

I think it's possible if the bacteria are infecting that area. It seems to like certain areas in certain people, and unfortunately for me many areas. I've felt a movement/tickle sensation in my urethra which until recently I couldn't explain but when I changed antibiotics it went away in about 12 hours, definitely bacteria, can't prove it's lyme though. My girlfriend has a lot of symptoms but I can't get her to take the test, she barely will acknowledge my case because one test was neg and Igenex was positive. I suspect it is causing me to have resistant bacteria because she is continuing to give it back to me.

Closed Thread