It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2003, 06:49 AM   #1

Jemezmomma HB User
Question Lyme disease then Hodgkins Lymphoma

I had Lyme for ten years then I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. The pathology reports showed spirochetes in the center of each cancer cell, hence I am the first recorded Lyme induced Hodgkins Lymphoma case. Question, Has anyone else ended up with Hodgkins and how long have you been cancer free? Did the treatment for the cancer also make you free from Lyme?

Old 06-12-2003, 12:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Jemezmomma I am sorry you have been through so much. Do you think you were treated adequately for Lyme? Since the spirochetes were found in the cells, did you start treatment again? I suggest contacting a knowledgeable Lyme doctor about this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2003, 04:04 PM   #3

Jemezmomma HB User
Cool

I was biten then treatment began nine days later. I am an RN and had patients with Lyme and I knew the drill. I was started on four types of oral antibiotics then progressed to IV. The MD's were aggressive at my assistance and treatment continued for three years. My kidneys and liver went into over drive and treatment stopped for nine months. I became neurological and treatment started again until my body refused anymore treatment, another two years. I was all but a vegetable and became full care. A friend started me on organic foods, vitamins, and unconventional treatments and I responded. That is where I was for six years, doing the best I could. I started with respitory problems and the rest is history, CA in 02. A leading Lyme MD is very interested in the fact that my Lyme was cured in two treatments of ABVD, the chemo I was given for the CA. Maybe we are on to something. Thanks

Old 06-12-2003, 05:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Jemezmomma, I think this is very interesting also. I believe there is so much to learn about tickborne illnesses. I agree that you may be onto something, and I hope the LLMD investigates this further. It could be a huge help to others.

I pray that you are fully recovered from everything. You have been through a lot, and you deserve quality living!

[This message has been edited by ticker (edited 06-12-2003).]

Old 06-26-2003, 09:55 PM   #5
(female)

PA2LA HB User
Lightbulb

I am very intrigued by your story. I was diagnosed with Lymes in 1989. In 1994, I had a lymph node removed from my neck. I went through gallium scans and tons of blood work prior to the removal/biopsy. It was determined to be hyperplasia. I spoke with several nurses and doctors since then who agreed there may have been a link to the Lymes, but it was never really agreed by all to be a precancerous condition. It was dismissed as an anomaly. Until reading your unfortunate story, I would not have tried to place the two incidents together again. I may do more research to see if anyone out there has had similar experiences. Thank you for sharing that with us and I wish you the best.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #6
(male)

srog HB User
Re: Lyme disease then Hodgkins Lymphoma

I also was diagnosed with Lyme disease and 6 months later with Non-Hodgkins. No connection was made at the time so it is interesting to read your comments.

3 years later I appear to be having neuritis due to Lyme disease (uncertain but under investigation). I'd love to hear more if anyone else sees the cancer / lyme disease connection.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:33 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

datgrlstef HB User

What I am curious about is the connection between years of abx (as treatment for Lyme), and then developing cancer. I mean, have there really been any studies?

I hope everyone's cancers are in remission!?

Old 01-28-2008, 12:54 PM   #8
(female)

purplepiegirl HB User

I am also intreged with this. I have also had lyme for more than 10 yrs and I am having problems with my lymphnodes. Can you please tell me what your symptoms were before your lymphoma diagnosis and what tests you had done? Thank you and I hope you are feeling well.

Closed Thread