It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
(female)

ladybugjen3 HB User
Husband has Hep C and now diagnosed with Lyme

I am trying to get as much info on Lyme Disease as possible. My husband has been diagnosed with Hep C for 8 years or more. Now after asking them to check him for Lyme, they say he also has that. From what I've read, both diseases have alot of the same symptoms. Does anyone know about have this dual diagnosis? I am very concerned as I feel my husband has had the Lyme for 10 or 15 years possibly. The Hep C is tracted all the way back to his military days wich were in 1974, so that a given. I am worried about the long term effects and the permanent damage to his entire body. Will the treatments even work at this point. Today they took blood for a second test, and also checked for Renal Disease. I figure this is to see if he has any damage, or to check if he can even tolerate the treatment. His liver is pretty much shot. He uses a wheel chair now or a cane in our very small house. He has many, many health issues. Any info you all can offer or experiences of your own would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 09-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
(female)

rck213 HB User
Re: Husband has Hep C and now diagnosed with Lyme

Lyme compromises the immune system which allows other viral infections to flare, lessening the load on the immune system sometimes helps keep the other infections under control.

Has he had treatment for the Hep C?

All I can say in my own experience is that conventional medicine didn't have a clue what to do with me, I needed the care of an integrative MD to address the problems I had with every system in my body, then we found that I had Lyme

It is a balance of hormones, vitamins and minerals, nutrition, rest, immune system support that helped me to regain some function and have some kind of life

Everyone with Lyme is affected differently and there is no one treatment that works for all.

You need to really do some research on your own and don't blindly accept what you are told as "gospel".

He needs a provider who looks at his entire body and not just a piece at a time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
(female)

ladybugjen3 HB User
Re: Husband has Hep C and now diagnosed with Lyme

My husband has tried treatment for the Hep C. It didn't work, it just made his Liver values go even higher. So they said he is not someone who treatment will work. AS for liver transplant, his health I believe is too far gone, and he is almost a 3 pack a day smoker so its out until he quits anyway. But thanks for the info.

Closed Thread