It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #1
(female)

hopefulgirl1 HB User
doxy rocky mountain spotted fever, ehrlichiosis, typhus fever

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions, i have been on treatment for lyme disease since roughly the end of february. The first combo i was on for 2 months was 1000 biaxin 1000 tinidazole. following that i had complications with ceftin (allergy) levaquin(allergy) and was put back onto biaxin alone due to my sensitivity withmedications.

A few weeks ago i received test results from a co-infection panel i had done and my results came back positive saying that i had been infected at some point in time with rocky mountain spotted fever, ehrlichiosis, and typhus fever. I have many strange visual abnormalities and this has been my main problem since day one. light senstitivy, hazy vision, dry eyes, flashes of light, when i look at something bright i get fluorescent dashes in my vision especially when looking at the sky, when going to sleep i would get swirls of color in my eyelids, i also get static vision. Almost half of these symptoms have been reduced while on the meds.

Now i have been put on doxy i started at 200 mg/day for the first week and now have moved onto 300mg/day. I'm only taking doxy and as well will be adding rifampin for a potential bartonella infection in a week. I found that when i started my 3 pills of doxy my visual happenings were elevated. Things that kinda went away in the last few months have resurfaced.

I'm beside myself curled in a ball scared what is going to happen next. I don't want to go back to that hell that i was in february. Can you please tell me your experience with doxy. has anyone ever had these co-infections and did it cause complications for the eyes. Any info you can pass on would be extremely helpful.

I'm seeing an LLMD in seattle but he is away at the moment and i need some peace of mind.

Hope this message is finding you all well and in great spirits

The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulgirl1 For This Useful Post:
1eunice (08-05-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2009, 04:02 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
Re: doxy rocky mountain spotted fever, ehrlichiosis, typhus fever

Hi,

I don't have your particular co infections, nor have I taken abx but I have had Lyme for 17 years, probably more, and I have had the exact same eye problems you mention. I know others Lymies have as well. I think this is related to the spirochetes and their ability to affect all bodily systems, not the Doxy. Finding the right Tx ... for me (I do alternative) lessened the symtpoms. For the past 6 or 7 years my eyes have no longer been a problem.

I remember my own fears when my eyes were doing these things. I just wanted to encourage you not to panic about this. You could also be having a herx reaction which can bring symptoms to the fore during die-off. I think it's so important to do a lot of research about LD for this very reason - to calm our fears when they arise, to see that others have experienced similar symptoms, and survived, and to help us to choose the treatment that is right for us. There really isn't a "one size fits all", so having LD is a great learning experience as well.

All the best,

Jen

Last edited by jenj770; 09-08-2009 at 04:13 AM.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:31 AM   #3
(male)

Braced Face HB User

i just found out what just about killed me it was rmsf , i contracted this april 2008 an just found out a few weeks ago what it is , i would like to know how you are doing now , an if you can tell me anything , i'm unable to work an i'm allways in pain

Old 12-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
(male)

guido15241 HB User

I contracted Lyme and RMSF. My LLMD started me on Doxy from day one and then added Amox/Doxy combo and now Biaxin/Doxy combo. He also said that as I get better, not to get freaked out about past symptoms temporarily resurfacing. My first dosages of Doxy kicked my a$$ which was a good thing, it was killing off the Lyme.

Your sensitivity to light and possibly sound increase on Doxy. Are you detoxing enough? Remember that Lyme elevates your anxiety levels so talk to your LLMD when he gets back. Perhaps your regiment just needs a little tweeking.

Hang in there. It will get better.

Closed Thread