It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
(female)

Heidiacosta HB User
Classic Bulls Eye Rash, Compiled W/ Several symptoms. But Test Is neg.???

Yes I know. Im sure this is nothing new for those of you who have been educating yourselvs on the subject of Lyme Disease. But for me its very new. I dont know what to do. I am in denial one minute and thinking Im just crazy or a hypochondriac. And then the next minute I am in a panic because I am sure I have Lyme Disease and my doctor will not treat me. Please read my story and tell me your personal opinion. No worries....I am not trying to diagnose myself or expecting to get a real medical diagnosis from anyone but I just need to try to make sense of it all and figure out some kind of starting point to create a "game plan".

I dont understand the time line as to when and how symptoms will appear so I guess I should start off by saying...I have pulled many ticks off of myself over the course of the years. I never thought anything of it since I spent several years on a farm in South Dakota, did a lot of camping and outdoor activities. Ticks were everywhere and it was nothing to pull one or more off when comming back from the feild, pasture, camping, the lake etc.... But now I have had a very distinct and clear bulls eye rash on my knee for nearly 2 months now. It started off pretty small but has trippled or more in size in the past 2 months. I was sure I had ringworm. I am outside everyday for hours. Landscaping and gardening is a huge passion of mine. I Did not consult my doctor and was trying to treat it at home with selson blue (someone told me it was good for ringworm) until I went to the doctor to refill my ADHD meds........ (which I might add was diagnosed with along with depression, anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder this past June NEVER had any of this my whole life except some depression and I am 36)... Anyway, I asked the doc to give me somthing for the ringworm on my knee and he emediatley told me it was not ringworm at all. That is clearly looks like "Erythem Migran(s?) and given the fact that you are outside and working in the garden so much I am going to order a blood test to rule out Lyme Disease. But the lab wont get the test back for a little over a week so for now we will just treat it as ringworm and if it doesnt go away in a week make another appointment". I had no idea what Lyme disease was at the time. Just knew it was from ticks and if I had it thought no worries. Some antibiotics and I will be fine. And went on to the next subject. Asked him what I could do about the horrible headache that wont go away and turns into severe migrains at times. I figured since I was quitting smoking I was tense and thus the reason for the headache and migrain. He told me to enroll in the "smoking sensations" class and then he will perscribe me something to help with the migrains to get me through. I went home not thinking twice about any of this. A few days past, the rash did not seem to be getting better but wasnt much a big deal to me. However I felt like I was comming down with the flu. I was so fatigued, my body ached terribly. I was having diarea, the migrains persisted and even got worse, my back and neck were so stiff I felt as if I was hit by a mack truck. My right leg was cramping up a lot and my foot was constantly cramping up even as I tried to sleep. I couldnt figure that out, just figured I needed to drink more water. However the symptoms became unbarable after a few more days so I went to the ER. They just sent me home n told me to fallow up with my doc. Went to my doctor the next day. He told me the ELISA test came back and I do not have Lyme disease. I have no fever so all the issues I am having are stress related. As far as the rash....well he decided it was ring worm. All because a blood test that is so inaccurate anyway especially in the early stages of Lyme came back Negative. Which they almost always do anyway. And here I still sit, suffering from symptoms. I dont know what to do at this point. But hey...the rash is starting to fade a little.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Classic Bulls Eye Rash, Compiled W/ Several symptoms. But Test Is neg.???

Hi Heidi, sorry you are going through all of this.

First off, you need to take pictures of your rash. Your doctor obviously is NOT lyme literate. So you need to find a doctor that is. And that means going to a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor..(LLMD). They specialize in Lyme Disease and the other co-infections that ticks, mosquitos and any type of biting bug can carry. It can also be passed sexually beings it is in the Syphillis family. and is 7 times stronger than the sphyllis bacteria. Do not give blood either beings it can be transferred via transfusions. Pregnant Moms can pass it to their unborn child.

You are displaying all the classic symptoms. From the extreme migraine to the stiffness in the neck.

You DO NOT have to have a fever to have Lyme!

I had those migranes 24/7 for 8 years. They felt like someone stabbed a knife in my head.

If I were you post a new thread, turn on your Private messaging, you can find the instructions at the top of the board that the Admin's have given instruction. We can not post Dr.'s names on the boards. Lyme Literate doctors are threatned all the time to have their license pulled.

You sound to me to have Lyme and I am sure you most likely have co-infections. The Elsia test is one the worst tests there is for Lyme. It is very hard to detect and you should have your blood sent to Igenex Lab, in Palo Alto Ca. You can find them on line. But you do need a doctor to give you a prescription to have your blood drawn.
This is the most reliable lab there is for lyme testing. Western blot I think is the best. And then you go by what bands are pulled up.

BUT in the mean time you need to find a LLMD. Even if your test comes back negative you will need a doctor to be able to go on clinical symptoms.

Your pulling ticks off you for years, and now displaying, depression, aniexty, pain...ect ect....
I am no doc but one and one makes two...Sounds like Lyme.

Please find a doctor that knows how to treat accordinly. All the pills in the world will not help you unless your treat the problem.

Jodie

Old 10-02-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
(female)

dianneom HB User

Heidi,
Please listen to jojo.
What your doctor is doing is why I'm still sick 10 years later.

Last edited by dianneom; 10-02-2009 at 01:14 PM.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
(female)

rck213 HB User

You do not need a positive test, the classic rash is reason enough for treatment

A test will not be positive if you are recently infected, it will take weeks to build up enough antibodies to get a positive test

If the infection is late stage the body stops making the antibodies so the test is negative

PLUS there are at least 100 different strains of the Lyme bacteria, most not used on the conventional testing

The testing is not accurate enough to rule out the disease, it is to be diagnosed by SYMPTOMS.

You need a provider experienced in treating Lyme, like the poster above me, it took over 20 years for me to be diagnosed and I am now disabled due to it being missed for so long.

Last edited by rck213; 10-02-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
(female)

BELLA13 HB User
Unhappy Re: Classic Bulls Eye Rash, Compiled W/ Several symptoms. But Test Is neg.???

IM JUST HAVING THE SAME THING OMG. PLEASE LOOK AT MY POST.. I got it a month an a half ago and just got the ring around the red bump today... My doc is sending me to a dermatologist tomorrow for a biopsy on the bump b/c he doesnt think the time frame is consistant with lyme disease... Im freaking out ... the only thing is that I cant eat without feeling sick... and im having stomach problems... like bad stomach aches... HELP...Im scared...

Last edited by Administrator; 06-09-2010 at 11:19 PM.

Closed Thread