It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 06:07 AM   #1
(female)

ocean10 HB User
I need help please....

I am going to copy and paste a log I am keeping because I am frankly too weak to type it all up. Please give me any thoughts or suggestions as to what it could be. I am praying its not MS, or even Lyme, but I have to know what it is to treat it. The numbness and the weakness are my 2 biggest complaints, esp my right leg and arm/hands. Thank you.
(Sorry its long)

Dont remember the year,(Probably 5 or 6 yrs ago) but one night just started to shiver uncontrollably and even under layers of covers. Felt really, really sick the next few days. Went to the Dr, but they didnt know what caused it or what it was....

June 4th 2007.. Went to Dr for unexplained swollen lip, then chin. Felt a twitch in my lip first. Went to allergist also who said is was probably bed bugs, and to wash sheets in hot water. Took alavert when I got swollen. Happened a few times. I also had numness and tingling in that area..
Since then, I had numbness on and off as well as an ocassional twitch in my lip.

Note: About 4 yrs ago, I was walking, and just fell. Not sure how that even happened, but it left me very shaken up for a long while after that. It happened again in 2009 while on a walk. Same feeling.

Sept 29th 2009.- Changed my diet. Cut the soda, candy, processed foods, and fast food. Having more grains, veggies and fruit. (I have what I thought High Blood Pressure. (A friend used a wrist one and my Dr said they are not accurate, so I am not sure if its high or not. Sometimes I will get an elevated reading at the Dr, and sometimes a normal one. I do have High cholesterol which I am working on lowering without medication.
Lost 10 lbs in a month.

Oct 27th 2009. Got sick with a sinus infection. Felt crummy for 2 days, and better after that but the productive cough went on for 2 weeks. Had amoxycillin for it, and robitussin dm.

Nov 9th 2009. Ate dinner and a couple hrs later my stomach just started in. I Had pain, diahrea, and almost passed out. I was in a cold sweat and things were spinning. It passed after a couple of hrs.

Nov 13th, 2009. Went to Dr (Chiropractor) and told him something is wrong with me. My left leg hurt on and off, then went to the right leg, which feels weak, and numb. My right arm too with the weak and numb feeling. Felt it on both sides, but the right was really bad.
Numbness in face (mostly around mouth,nose and chin), head, arms,hands (thumb is the worst) legs ankles and feet.
Occasional pain on bottom side of feet.

Nov 17th 2009. Went to see Dr (Neurologist)on Dr (chiro)say so.
He did exams, and said it all was ok, and I was "strong". Went for blood work and that came out ok, except the sugar was a little elevated probably because I ate earlier that day. (Need to get it checked again)

Note: some other symptoms..
*****ly feeling on top of head
Feels like a burn sensation on parts of hands, feet, hips, back and sides of neck, behind my knees.
Numbness and weakness CONSTANTLY! Also in my face.
Chills
Just dont feel good
Somewhat achy legs
Feeling flushed in the head. When I get up, it feels like a rush of adrenaline. Sometimes I feel it even while standing and its not a feeling that is normal..
tired (I think from not feeling good)
eye twitching

Nov 24th 2009.. Went back to Dr (neuro), and he took a nerve and muscle test and that came out ok. I asked to try a round of Doxycycline to see if it helps in case this is lymes disease.
Not much better on it, and didnt get real sick from it. I did break out in a small upper back rash after being on the antibiotic for 2 1/2 days. I continue to take it.

Nov 30th 2009. The weakness and numbness bad today and I am trying to get a hold of Dr . Have to see where to go from here.

Last edited by ocean10; 12-01-2009 at 06:13 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
(female)

momto HB User
Re: I need help please....

Have you ever been tested for Lyme?????

I am unfortunately not an expert, as I am still awaiting a diagnosis. I wish you well though and hope that you can find some answers on here.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
(female)

ocean10 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto View Post
Have you ever been tested for Lyme?????

I am unfortunately not an expert, as I am still awaiting a diagnosis. I wish you well though and hope that you can find some answers on here.
They did blood work and only ran one test. Not even the western blot which I knew nothing about. It came out negative, but from what I am reading, it dosent really matter that its negative because I could still have Lyme.

I am concerned about the numbness as it dosent seem to be a big issue for Lyme, or ms... Am I the only one who's major symptom is the numbness?

By the way... Thank you for your response, and I hope you find some answers also.

Last edited by ocean10; 12-01-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:06 AM   #4
(female)

momto HB User

Thats probably the ELisa. From what I have read that is not reliable either. They did a Western Blot on me and it came out negative...however I did have a Lyme Specific band come back abnormal. I just need one more abnormal band to meet the CDC's requirements.

This all so INVOLVED!!!!!!

I hope we all get answers SOON!!!!!!!

Hang Tight!!

Old 12-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
(female)

ocean10 HB User

I went to the Dr this morning, and he is doing more blood work on me including the western blot. I am also going for a brain MRI, bone scan, and ultrasound on the veins in my leg. I will have those tests done by next Tuesday.
I am keeping a file and asking for copies of the tests so I have everything together. My brother has a very good Dr, that is 2 hrs away and is Lyme literate, as well as dealing with metals, like mercury in your teeth fillings. He says you can get all these symptoms from mercury poisioning, so I will leave no stone unturned.
For now, I will see what these upcoming tests show, if anything.

I am not as numb today but still numb in my legs and feet, but at least I can feel them today. I havent read anyone else complaining as numbness being the major symptom on the lyme or MS forum. I dont know where else to look...
Its very frustrating....

When do you get some results? Are you waiting for a test?

FYI...My brother just got back from his Dr and asked him what numbness in the legs and arms could be. He said one of two things... Lyme, or MS. I would rather it be lyme...Ugh! I hate this..

Last edited by ocean10; 12-02-2009 at 10:47 AM.

Closed Thread