It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
(female)

jwick25 HB User
Question Arm/Face Tingling?

Hello. I was diagnosed with Lyme/Bart in 2008. I went off antibiotics in July 2009. I am currently treating a lyme flare per my LLMD's instructions.

I've been back on Rx for about 4 weeks. A few days ago, my left forearm and back of my left hand felt cold and slightly tingly. The best I can describe it is to imagine a thin line of Vick's VapoRub on your arm.

The following day, I had the same sensation only in both arms/hands.

This morning, the center of my upper lip was slightly pulsating. This only lasted a few minutes at a time and happened about 4 times during the day.

Also, the right side of my face felt a little odd.

I don't want to automatically chalk things up to Lyme. However, I would like to know if others have experienced anything similar. I have a Doc appt. later this week.

I am nervous, as these symptoms remind me of things I hear about strokes, etc.

I should mention that during my initial bout of lyme (lasting over a year), I never had these types of symptoms. Is it possible to experience new symptoms during a flare?

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks so much!
jwick

Old 05-18-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Arm/Face Tingling?

Yes it could be the lyme. Or any co-infection you have. Or anything viral.

They all can affect the heart and any other organ in your body.

I went to numerous nuerologist when I was doing this. I hadn't been treated for Lyme/co-infections at that time.

After many years of treatment I no longer do that.

Glad you have a doctors appt this week.

Jodie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick25 View Post
I should mention that during my initial bout of lyme (lasting over a year), I never had these types of symptoms. Is it possible to experience new symptoms during a flare?jwick
Lyme can affect every bodily system and, yes, new symptoms can occur during flares. I remember sometimes sort of forgetting I had Lyme when a new symptom would arise. I would then think something must be wrong with my heart, or my lungs, or my brain, or some other area of functioning when actually it was Lyme coming to the fore again in a different area.

Wishing you all the best!

Jen

Old 05-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
(female)

jwick25 HB User

Thank you both so much for your replies! I know what you mean about wondering if it is the lyme or something else. Because I haven't had an MRI or echo in over a year, I'd feel better getting these tests done just to be sure and rule out any other potential issues.

It is crazy how this disease can come back and scare the heck out of you all over again.

Thank you again! I feel better at least knowing that it could be the lyme. I'm sure it probably is, but never hurts to be sure.

All the best!

Old 05-25-2010, 08:46 AM   #5
(male)

JayDay HB User

Just to put your mind at ease, let me tell you that what you're thinking isnt very likely. Given the fact that the disease that you are talking about is Lymes disease, which is notorious for causing inflammation, a greater likelihood is that the "pins and needle" feeling, as well as the general decreased sensitivity may likely be caused by arthritic swelling and a narrowing of the joint causing a full or partial impinged nerve

Old 05-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #6
(female)

jwick25 HB User

Hi JayDay,

That does make sense. In fact, I felt like I had some kind of nerve pain in my back the other day. Maybe that is also related..? It's always a guessing game with this disease.

Thanks so much for your message. I've been getting really nervous these past few days, and it's nice to come to these boards and get some support.

All the best-

Old 06-11-2010, 09:00 AM   #7
(male)

kolesj81 HB User

Hello,
I had major tingling/numb issues even after 8 mos abx. Until i started focusing on parasites i didnt' make much progress. Many think babesia/parasites cause the numbness and tighness inshoulders/neck. One bit of advice, if you treat herbally rotate often for parasites, they get resistant in about 6 weeks. I had great results from artemisisn for 6 weeks, now nothing. Fortunately I'm finding a ton more natural products they don't like, yarrow may be the best so far.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #8
(female)

jwick25 HB User

Hi kolesj81,

What do you mean when you say focusing on parasites? Is this a specific type of treatment or involve a particular Rx or supplement?

Thanks so much for the advice!

Old 06-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #9
(male)

kolesj81 HB User

I mean I was on only antibiotics. Babesia is very common with lyme and can cause the numbness. Other parasits are possible and abx doesn't kill parasites. A good rx is mepron or malarone. Good herbs are sweet wormwood and cinchona bark extract.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #10
(female)

jwick25 HB User

Thank you so much for this. I see my LLMD again in about 2 weeks, and I will mention this to her and see if she can help.

All the best!

Old 06-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #11
(male)

mattnapa HB User

Jay Day- may know more than I, but I have seen Lyme associated with these symptoms

Old 09-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #12
(female)

cl2 HB User

Who knows? Unfortunately with this elusive disease, one has so many weird symptoms, that, most of the time, it's better to keep them to yourself than trying to describe them to friends, family or even doctors... I've had strange tingling in various parts of the body. They come for a while, and then - they're gone. We can blame it on herxing, or anything else. I just wonder if we'll ever get rid of whatever it is we have...

Closed Thread