It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
(female)

marline HB User
What type of neck pain do you get with lyme....

I just want to know if my neck pain is related to lyme. Mine almost feels like I strained something, it's been over a week now nonstop, I can't do a mri because I am pregnant, but for those of you with neck pain, what does yours feel like. Last night I couldn't put my neck in any comfortable position because it hurt so bad, almost feels like a bulging disc, it's so bad that it's giving me headaches as well.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:38 AM   #2
(female)

jwick25 HB User
Re: What type of neck pain do you get with lyme....

Hi Marline,

Sorry to hear about your neck issue. For me, neck and shoulder pain was one of my most prominent symptoms. My LLMD advised that this is totally related to the lyme.

My discomfort doesn't feel like sharp pain, but rather an intense soreness. Like you said, it gets so bad at times that I cannot get comfortable no matter what I do. I also get the terrible headaches with so much pressure I think my eyes are going to pop out.

I feel the aches on the back of my neck and shoulders...mostly my left shoulder. I take Advil (no interactions with anything else I take) and use heat on my neck and shoulders. This helps to a point, but never seems to get rid of all the discomfort.

I hope you start to feel better soon. Hang in there no matter what! Hopefully, others on this board might have some good suggestions for dealing with your discomfort.

All the best!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Yes, very common with Lyme. Some things that have worked for me (for any joint/muscular pains):

-transdermal magesium, applied at the site

-Fulvic Acid, applied at the site (Wu Jin San is good)

-Collagen+C (type 1 and 3) tablets

-I also have long slept with a magnetic pillow

Old 05-25-2010, 05:38 AM   #4
(male)

JayDay HB User

When I had this happen it was a long time ago, and had what was probably a much more severe reaction then the one you're having. When I got Lymes I ended up in the ER with what I thought was a brain splitting Migraine, which seemed to be making me feel generally crappy to boot.
Well after one likely guess of Lymes (The county in NJ where I used to live was at one time the Lymes capital of the world. To give you an idea....of 5 family members 4 got Lymes, as well as both the family dogs) and some bloodwork verifying it, they essentially just sent me home with a months Antibiotics, and some vicodin for the Headache/neck pain.

The next day though is when it got fun.

At the time I was going to school and working part-time doing retail salesl, and happened to be at work when things got bad. I ended up starting to get little muscle vibrations and twithes in my back, which got worse and worse and eventually ended up turning into severe back spasms to the point that I ended up stuck on the floor behind the counter at work unable to move, and waiting for an ambulance to show up.

Essentially I ended up having to stay in the ER overnight suffering from what they described as acute muscle spasms, instigated by Lymes .The back spasms were to the point that you could actually visibly see where the knotted up muscles were by the sort of raised bumps/mound that they caused. To give you an idea, when you're swimming, it feels like that foot/toe cramp you get that causes your big toe to curl under, and foot to hurt like hell. You get that same sorta unholy pain, but spread out everywhere.

Beyond that I really cant tell you anything else that happened afterward, because they ended up shooting me up with 2 or 3 injections of what I'm assuming was Valium, muscle relaxers, and some anti-inflammatory of some sort.

Last edited by JayDay; 05-25-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
(male)

erikjh1972 HB User

my pain is usually on the left side, almost feels like my glands are the size of baseballs, but there not swollen. more like a throbbing pain than anything else.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #6
(female)

jwick25 HB User

My pain is often on the left as well. I remember reading that this might be a common thing. Weird.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:24 PM   #7
(male)

mattnapa HB User

I do not know much about it , but I have heard ozone can be applied locally. Though I guess there is a question about whether Lyme is active in the neck or in the part of the brain dealing with the neck

Closed Thread