It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
(female)

littlehutton HB Userlittlehutton HB Userlittlehutton HB User
Air Hunger?

Hi All

I've been experiencing a very weird symptom, its hard to explain but hear goes.

I sometimes get this sudden wave of tightness around my chest, neck, head and face, sometimes its accompanied by a burning pain, especially around the back of my neck, shoulders and head. It almost feels like im being strangled or choking.

I was on another healthboard recently, and another lyme sufferer said they had this as well, and that their LLMD said it was associated with the infection bebesia, and it was called "air hunger".

However I have heard others describe "air hunger" in a different way. I've also been told it could be just anxiety! However it seems to come on more often when I actually feel more relaxed rather than at more anxious moments.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Ruth

"Absence of proof is not proof of absence"

Old 09-03-2010, 07:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Air Hunger?

littlehutton: There's a post on the "Open to all related" boards from DM1 about his "14 year air hunger journey" Go over there and read it and read what I posted to him too. Maybe he can help get some of your questions answered.

If it's Lyme disease then you'd see the bullseye from the tick bite and you'd need to be on antibiotics.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92261 View Post
littlehutton: There's a post on the "Open to all related" boards from DM1 about his "14 year air hunger journey" Go over there and read it and read what I posted to him too. Maybe he can help get some of your questions answered.

If it's Lyme disease then you'd see the bullseye from the tick bite and you'd need to be on antibiotics.
Thanks for the info on air hunger, I shall have a look on the other board for advice also, however im surprised about your statement regarding the bullseye rash, because ive never had one of these to my knowledge and also it is my understanding that not everyone gets the rash at all!!!!

Thanks for the advice given though!

Best wishes

Ruth

Old 09-04-2010, 07:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

From what I have heard only about 60 per cent of Lyme cases show a "Bulls eye". And I have a feeling that is over exageration.
I did not have a Bulls eye but other types of rashes.

It sure would of been wonderful if many of us did have the Bulls eye.

I had air hunger. I had Babesia. I went untreated for years because once again the testing is not accurate.

I was put on plaquinel a few years back. It cleared right up.
But when I get overly tired, run down I go back to having problems with my lungs.

It could be some other virus or bacteria also that is causing it.

I wish you luck in finding your answers.

Jodie

Old 09-04-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
(female)

Thanks Jodie

The "air hunger" symptom seems to be a common one amongst Lymies, I think I will definitely get tested for bebesia.

Although blood testing is not terribly reliable, i've heard that a LLMD can still maybe tell which co-infections you may have based on symptoms alone, as certain
co-infections present with certain typical symptoms.

If this is the case I can only assume that they are able to treat the patient with the right types of medication for the right Co-infection.

And if a patient is diagnosed as having more than one infection, are they generally treated all in one go, or is it more usual to have one infection treated at a time?

Many thanks

Ruth

Old 09-07-2010, 06:38 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Ruth,

In regards to you last question, I think it all depends on what Dr. a person goes to, on how they treat.

And yes you are correct, a Dr. that deals in Lyme and it's co-infections will go on symptoms not solely on a test.

I hope you find your answers soon!

Jodie

Closed Thread