It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
(male)

inundatedbyinfo HB User
looking for LLMD in Los Angeles, have other pressing questions, thanks, God bless...

hi all-- a couple weeks ago, I found two bullseye lesions on my leg, and one on my shoulder, so I saw my buddy, a non-Lyme literate MD, who diagnosed it immediately as Lyme. I was in rural New Jersey a couple of times over the summer, and suspect that I got bit on the 16th of August. Starting on Sept. 16, he put me on doxycycline (200 mg a day), for 14 days, and I am nearing the end of this cycle. From the boatload of info I read in the last 24 hours, I understand that this is a bacteriostatic, not bacteriocidal dose, and the course is pathetic. I have found the names of an LLMD in Sacramento (near where I am now), and one in LA (where I'm supposed to be next week), and plan on calling them tomorrow (for some reason their offices both closed early on Wednesdays).

I'm wondering a few things. First off, my friend is not a literate Lyme doc, so I don't know if he'll refill my doxy script (I'll find out tomorrow), so if I am without doxy for a few days to however long it takes me to get in to see a LLMD, am I screwed, and if so, how screwed?

Other pertinent data: In the last 24 hours, I have started modifying my diet to be Lyme hostile, I have purchased and have taken Cat's Claw, Astragalus, Echinachea, and Vitamin C, and started doing yoga. I also took an Epsom salt bath. I am strongly considering purchasing a rush order of Samento, and starting on the Vit C/sea salt protocol. The idea is to do all things with the rest of my short Doxy course, then and try and bridge the gap if for some reason I can't take Doxy until I see an LLMD. Ordering doxy overseas takes too long, and I don't know any other "friendly" doctors.

With respect to the people who caught it after ten years of false diagnoses, I am still terrified that my treatment is too little, too late-- I do not want to be battling this for years. Is there anything else I should do in the near term while I'm waiting for the diagnosis of an LLMD?

I am also wondering if anyone knows of an LLMD in Los Angeles, as I found only one. Friendly to adjunctive naturopathy is a bonus...

Any and all help is appreciated, and again-- God bless,

Inundatedbyinfo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
Re: looking for LLMD in Los Angeles, have other pressing questions, thanks, God bless

Greetings Inundated,

Would it help to print out some of the information from LLMDs about the necessity of prolonging abx treatment and showing this to your friend/doctor in the hope that he will then see the merit of supplying you with enough abx until you meet up with your next practitioner?

As far as your alternative choices, mostly they are good (don't know about the need for Echinacea) but I would question taking a boatload of things all together as this may be counterproductive. Salt/C has been my mainstay (along with other adjuncts) and the only thing that has really worked for me. Just make sure the salt is not Morton's and that you ramp up slowly and back down a bit if you start to herx (which I actually think is a positive sign!).

Colloidal Silver is another good choice as it is a natural antibiotic. But usually one would take these things you mention (other than salt/c which is an ongoing treatment akin to abx) in response to some symptom that has arisen. You are taking them prophylacticly. Right? Again, flooding your system with too many things may not serve you well.

I wish you the best, hope someone responds with some LLMD names for you, and please let us know how you fare.

Jen

Old 09-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
(male)

inundatedbyinfo HB User
Re: looking for LLMD in Los Angeles, have other pressing questions, thanks, God bless

will do, thanks for your reply!

Closed Thread