It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
(female)

hcmcelhenny HB User
Unhappy at the end of my rope

i have been clinically diagnosed with chronic lyme. it's believed that i have had it since 2003. i have been taking abx now for about a year and a half. we have no insurance and i don't feel any better. i am considering going off the abx (oral) and perhaps when we have insurance in the future, going for the IV abx. the orals feel like a slow death and are so expensive. what happens to you when you go off the abx and you've not completed treatment? my psych said that lyme can quadruple. i'm scared but i'm sick and tired of being sick and tired and a financial burden to my family. i'm LOSING it! i just want to quit treatment.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: at the end of my rope

If you are still displaying symptoms then I myslef wouldn't stop treatment.

Were you tested for co-infections?

Do you take supplements to try and strengthen your immune sytstem?

Do you detox?

Some of us when we have had it for a while it takes along time to recover.

Do you realize that it is in the syphillis family?

You can pass it to your partner. if you give blood it will go to whomever recieves your blood. If you get pregnant you can pass it to your unborn child.

I have been on one protocol after another for 10 years. Some people get it into remission faster.
It all depends on each persons body. Some recover in 6 weeks.

crazy stuff!

Jodie

The following user gives a hug of support to jojo:
hcmcelhenny (11-05-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
(female)

hcmcelhenny HB User

hey jodie, i'm somewhat educated on the subject. i don't know everything (neither do the drs) i know that when i got it, that i probably passed it on to my newborn in 2004. probably to my husband, as well. he shows no symptoms, however. neither does my now 6yr old baby girl. i was hospitalized in 2003, but wasn't diagnosed with lyme. my llmd is sure that is what it was, so i'm going on 7+ years. i've researched quite a bit, but just feel overwhelmed by all of the different approaches and i know that the abx are making me feel sicker because the toxin of the bacteria is being released full blown, as it dies. it still feels like a slow death to me, though. a never ending pill popping day. i do take supplements and probiotics. i've not detoxed, however. any suggestions for a REAL detox? most seem to just make you pee and not really detox. they're just dieuretics (if i spelled that right) .

thanks for replying and let me know if you know of any serious detox programs and if you have any insight on what happens if you stop abx before completing treatment. i've been on oral abx for 1 1/2 + years.

heather

Old 11-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
(female)

hcmcelhenny HB User

oops, also forgot. i was not tested for any other co-infections, due to costs of testing. i have no insurance... YET.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
(female)

jaynelouise HB User

what are your symptoms?

Old 11-05-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
(female)

hcmcelhenny HB User

well, it seems like pretty much everything under the sun. joint pain, muscle cramping, twitches, speech problems, congnitive issues, balance issues, eye dryness w/ pain, palpitations, migraines, stiffness in all major joints, like my neck, knees, lower back, elbows...etc, sharp side pains out of the blue, swollen lymphs. i feel like a 40yr old woman trapped in an 90yr old's body, to sum it up. although, there are probably 90yr old women who are better off.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:19 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmcelhenny View Post
let me know if you know of any serious detox programs heather
Hi Heather,

You addressed this to Jodie but thought I might jump in here as well as detoxing is so very important when treating LD. When doing abx or other therapies, toxins are released during die-off that can make us feel ill in various ways. I don't know what you mean about "serious" programs but here are some adjuncts I know of that are widely used:

-Vitamin C and other vitamins and herbs depending on your need. Magnesium is a must and Lymies are usually very deficient in magnesium. I use both oral supplements and Magnesium oil and gel (good for body aches and such). A Magnesium foot or bath soak before bed helps with sleep disturbances.

-Activated charcoal good for nausea and other tummy problems

-saunas help to sweat out the toxins

-green clay or diatamacious earth - help to mop up toxins, pull out metals, but also promote strong bones, teeth, etc.

-Colloidal Silver is a natural antibiotic and good for so many ailments. I've used drops for problems with my eyes and ears as well as oral supplementation.

-Probiotics - a must

-Oil of Oregano - helps with onset of colds or fluey feeling

-coffee enemas - this is one I haven't tried but it seems to be one of the more popular adjuncts among lymies.

-K-Mag-Kg by source naturals for Lyme rage

-a good mineral supplement is, I think, also essential

There are other things I weave in and out as needed but these are the essentials. Hope this helps.

Jen

Old 11-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Thanks Jenn for sharing!

I got a infared sauna a few years back. I love it! It does help sweat out the bad stuff.

Also doing Epsom Salt/Hydrogen peroxide soaks in the bath tub are good for you too. IF you don't have a tub atleast do a foot soak.

The salts pull out toxins and the H.P. puts oxygen back in.

Jodie

The Following User Says Thank You to jojo For This Useful Post:
hcmcelhenny (11-06-2010)
Old 11-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #9
(female)

hcmcelhenny HB User

thank you to you both (jen and jojo). great info. i will definitely make note.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #10
(female)

jaynelouise HB User
Smile Re: at the end of my rope

Hello, the advice given by 'jen770' is good, especially the 'magnesium deficiencies' - low levels of mag. can cause a lot of the same symptoms of lyme on their own:aches/pains/cramps [esp. in legs]. stiffness in neck, jaw pain, tension headaches, migraines, tightness in chest, twitchs, palpatations, etc;

If you are already taking a magnesium supplement maybe you should check that it is the correct dose - I have read that our bodies can't store magnesium well so maybe it would be worth you researching more about this particular mineral.

The detox advice is excellent.

Hope you have better days soon.

Closed Thread