It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
(male)

drj5011 HB User
lyme disease + nerve damage

I was diganosed with lyme disease about 3 or 4 years ago and once i got treated i didn't think much about it. Right around that time i herniated a couple discs in my back with no real reason why it happened. Now within the past year or so i have nerve tension and my shoulders and knees bother me quite often. And recently in the past couple weeks i have been getting muscle twitches all over my body and was wondering what the chances are that the lyme disease was never fully treated since ive been having these problems. Im 23 so i dont think most of these things should be normal for me at this age. Im curious is lyme disease can cause these type of problems a couple years later in my case. Nothing is really dibilatating its just annoying. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks

Old 12-28-2010, 05:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: lyme disease + nerve damage

Hi drj, yes this "could" be your problem.
Lyme can cause all sorts of things.
The typical protocol for uneducated doctors for lyme is a 4 to 6 week course of ONE antibiotic. From what I have read this mainly just puts the bacteria into remission, only to come out later in life.

It would be wise to search out a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor for evaluation. A doctor that specializes in Lyme Disease and the co-infections such as Babesia, Erichliosis, Mycoplasma Pnumoniae, Chlamydia Pnumoniae, Bartonella and others.

Going to a G. P. is not advisable beings they are not specilist in these diseases and majority of Infectious Disease doctors are not either.

I was told I had buldging discs and deteriating bone, amoungst other conditions........

Jodie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread