It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2011, 09:52 AM   #31
(female)

Sybilann HB User
Re: my wife likely to diagnose with lyme..?

So happy that Rod found a LLMD and am hoping and praying for a successful first visit. I am having a very hard time trying to find a LLMD that I can see fairly soon. Most appointments are at least 4 months away. Does anyone have a name, OR several names, they could PM me. This is for my 33 year old daughter, who has 2 little boys who need their mommy back. I appreciate any information that anyone might have that will help me.
Thanks,
Sybilann

Old 01-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #32
(male)

Rod72 HB User

Hi Everybody,

As you all inferred.. our visit to the local neurologist predominantly a waste a waste of time as he didn't even look at the MRI that we had done, and simply recited what we read on the report that is put together by the radiologist that initially reviewed the MRI. Worst yet, regarding our potential that it may be MS, he said that he's 85% certain that it isn't MS, and if we wanted to be further reassured that we can proceed with further tests: checkerboard.., spinal tap, etc.

He said that we need to go back to our ENT and that he still believes it is an inner-ear issue.. It was strange because he went to check on something and then simply disappeared, his nurse came in and finished off the visit with asking what testing we wanted to proceed with if any..

In summary we did get some "throw of a dart" that it might not be MS, hence the 85%, and got a name of a Doctor (Neurologist/Otologist MD) in Chicago that specializes with the inner ear.. that was Tuesday, and today Thursday we were able to get in to see this Doctor in Chicago..

From a rather lengthy appointment, very interesting as he spent the most time, and asked the most detailed questions in order to develop of timeline of all events and symptoms from our notes and recollection.. something that we haven't experienced yet, he even reviewed and commented on the MRI while we were in the appointment with him..

He's prescribed a few tests to conclude his diagnosis, mostly to exclude any potential ear diseases, but currently he's attributing all of our trouble to a possible diagnosis of "chronic migrainous vertigo" pending a few more tests..?

It seems to make sense, and we'll yet see what comes out.. Have any of you ever heard of this? i know it may be a silly crazy question have any of you considered that you may have this?

just thought i'd share..

best wishes,

Rod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2011, 06:31 AM   #33
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Rod,

So I looked up the condition they said she might have. I myself had this problem. Having major migranes, and horrible vertigo problems.
I no longer have this since I have had treatment.

Many lymies have this condition.

My doctor is a researcher, scientiest, in the bacterial, viral world. He feels that 90 per cent of the "conditions" we get are caused by something in the unseen world. Or heavy metal poisoning.
In other words...If she has this...what is causing it?

I had over 50 conditions tagged on me...from CFS, Fibromyalgia, bi-polar, manic, vertigo problems, neck needed surgery, carpel tunnel, M.S., on and on. And all along I had Lyme and other bacterias and viruses.

I think seeing the LLMD is still a good idea to get her to.

Many blessings to you and your wife!

Jodie

Old 01-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #34
(female)

LJ460 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherofPiper View Post
Hi Rod,

You might want to read a book called "Desperation Medicine" by Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker...He talks a lot about Lyme Disease and the treatment of it by many physicians. It seems that ticks emit a toxin that goes untreated most of the time and causes all kinds of other problems on an ongoing basis.

I was diagnosed with Chronic Neurotoxin Disease about two years ago which it has been found I have had for more than fifty years. I never had Lyme disease but I am on the drug therapy that was developed by Dr. Shoemaker and I can tell you that I was so much better shortly after starting it. I have had bouts of shaking as well as really bad equilibrium problems. I got so bad that I could not finish a sentence that I started and could not remember names of people that I had known for a very long time. The staggering and falling down were the worst as well as the general feeling that I had the flu all the time. My body hurt everywhere including my skin being tender to the touch. I am sure that my co-workers thought I had a drinking problem because I couldn't walk a straight line.

Lyme Disease is a type of chronic neurotoxin disease and should be treated as such. Neurotoxins attack the nerves but if they can begin to be eliminated, the symptoms will subside and I have been told by my doctor that unlike other parts of the body, nerves can repair themselves over time.

Please know that there is hope...you just have to be very proactive in your search for answers. Finding a doctor who knows something about neurotoxins and how to treat them is most important.

I wish you and your wife well....

Jude

Hello Jude.

I have a question for you about your visit with Dr. Shoemaker. If you don't mind, I sent you a PM. Thanks.

Last edited by LJ460; 02-08-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Closed Thread