It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Natural Crystal Salt and Vitamin C

A week ago yesterday, my hubby and I both started Salt/C protocol.

This is what we are seeing in just one week, both have more energy, both are sleeping better, my knees are not bothering me as much. His joints seem to be feeling better also.

Yesterday we painted a room all day, I figured i would be just out of it today. I am up and RUNNING...

We are throwing away the Morton's salt and only going to be using Himalayan Salts in this household.

I even started giving it to my dogs. Much smaller portions.

I want to thank that very special person who has been on her soapbox preaching about this. Move over Jen..I am coming over to your side!!

I just read, you know how western med docs say ...Stay away from salt. Well they did a huge study and more people have heart attacks that steer away from "good" salt than those that take "good" salts. Amazing.

I am so energized, it is wonderful.

Thank you, Thank You, Jen for spreading the word!

Jodie

Last edited by jojo; 02-10-2011 at 06:33 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to jojo:
jenj770 (01-29-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
Re: Himalayan Crystal Salt and Vitamin C

Jodie,

You are a hoot! You are welcome to join me on the soapbox anytime. Maybe we can even add a little dance number.

Glad to hear you and your hubby are feeling so well, and you just started the S/C protocol! Yea for salt (but not Morton's!)

XXOO Jen

Last edited by jenj770; 01-29-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
(male)

guido15241 HB User

How much C daily? I take 6000mg.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:50 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Hi Guido,

This is a protocol using real salt and vitamin C and the amount you eventually want to scale up to depends on your weight. But you start with 1000 mg. vit. C taken with 1000 mg. salt (1/4 tsp.) but NOT MORTONS TABLE SALT. You take them together because of the synergistic effect and follow with lots of water.

But I caution no one to start this unless you do some research and understand exactly what you are doing and how to effectively start increasing these amounts. You wouldn't take abx willy nilly and one shouldn't start salt/c that way either. It would be better not to do it all if you don't know what you are doing.

So back to your question, the amount of vit. C you eventually would end up taking could be much more than 6000 mg., depending on your body weight. The general guideline is 1 gram of salt with 1 gram of Vitamin C per every 12-15 lbs of body weight. But some people do less and do fine. And again ... this is a very slow ramp up method.

I know you didn't ask for all this but it's hard to talk about Vitamin C amounts without some further explaning.

Jen

Old 02-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

I had to laugh this last week when the Federal Government says everyone should cut back on Salt!

They sure love making money off of us.

I am still doing 2 grams of "Himalayan Salt" thinking about ramping up this week.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

I was quite shocked to find out that Himalayan Crystal Salt contains arsenic, mercury, lead, uranium and plutonium.

Quote:
Himalayan Crystal Salt Elements

84 elements the body needs:
hydrogen, lithium, beryllium, boron, carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, fluoride, sodium, magnesium, aluminum, silicon, phosphorus, sulfur, chloride, calcium, scandium, titanium, vanadium, chromium, manganese, iron, cobalt, nickel, copper, zinc, gallium, germanium, arsenic, selenium, bromine, rubidium, strontium, yttrium, zirconium, niobium, molybdenum, ruthenium, rhodium, palladium, silver, cadmium, indium, tin, antimony, tellurium, iodine, cesium, barium, lanthanum, cerium, praseodymium, samarium, europium, gadolinium, terbium, dysprosium, holmium, erbium, thulium, ytterbium, lutetium, hafnium, tantalum, tungsten, rhenium, osmium, iridium, platinum, gold, mercury, thallium, lead, bismuth, polonium, astatine, francium, radium, actinium, thorium, protactinium, uranium, neptunium, and plutonium.

Last edited by esker; 02-07-2011 at 10:22 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to esker For This Useful Post:
sjb (02-08-2011)
Old 02-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #7
(male)

lumpy740 HB User

I tried salt/c with the over the counter salt tablets and it did seem to work for a while but the salt tablets were making me nauseas.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-12-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:56 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

lumpy,

If you do research you will find many sources of natural crystal salt. There are also some good salt choices available at Whole Foods, also, I'm sure, at other HFS.

Best,

Jen

Last edited by Administrator; 02-12-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi aluminum also in Himalayan salts is also suspected for Alzheimer's disease according to some. It is listed among the other poster's list for all to see.
That was one of the reasons I decided not to use it among all the other things such as arsenic etc.
Some salt by some companies do not contain sodium silicoaluminate. I would look for salt without that. I do think iodine might be good at least at this point they say it is needed by body. Have a nice day.

Last edited by sjb; 02-08-2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: caps

Old 02-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Whoops forgot to mention that part. Thanks Jen!

Old 02-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

My hubby b.p. went from 130/80 pre Himalayan Crystal Salt to 120/70 after starting this. he is 53...it seemed to lower his b.p.

We have thrown out the Mortons.

So many people I have been speaking with are seeing great results with this protocol.

By the way, when I do talk to my "outside of the box" thinking doctor. He will be thrilled to hear that I am on this. And that it is making me feel better. He will be glad that for now i am off the 5 antibiotics I was on. I can about bet that he will be even wanting to try it himself.

I have already listened to text book doctors that took me off table salt when i was 19. 40 some years later...I can look back and see what a mistake being off "good" salt was.

My joints feel sooo much better.

We just started filtering our tap water beings it is polluted with arsenic, mercury, lead and all the lovely chlorine they have added to kill off the parasites and bacteria. I get notices on my door and so do other towns people that yes the water has an over abunance of arsenic. But don't worry, it won't hurt us. Just had a heavy meatal test done a few months back, funny I have arsenic posioning.
If you are worried about the toxicity of heavy metals, then one would have to stop breathing the air, drinking the water, hairsprays, hair dyes, food, the soil, soaps, detergents, fetilizers...on and on
But there are ways to try and detox from them.

Guess nothing is safe anymore.
What works for one person, may not work for another.

Jodie

Last edited by jojo; 02-08-2011 at 04:03 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to jojo:
jenj770 (02-09-2011)
Old 02-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #12
(male)

kolesj81 HB User

Here's what a European analysis found: German public television broadcaster ZDF presented the analyzed chemical composition of Himalaya-salt which states that the specimen contained 95-96% sodium chloride that was contaminated with 2-3% polyhalite (gypsum) and small amounts of 10 other different minerals. It doesn't mention teh 10, but i'm confident the amound of lead or mercury would be extremely minimal if any. You got my attention though, I consume enough of this type of salt.

Closed Thread