It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
(female)

shadowaltmail HB User
Can Lyme Disease by passed on?

Ok, I am really freaked out right now!!!! My boyfriend just found out he is positive for Lyme. They found a deer tick on him after he went to the Dr showing symptoms. I have not yet had sex with him, but we kiss all the time, and share drinks. I have read all over the internet that yes it can be sexually/orally transmitted, or no it cant. Now I see posts in forums that partners are catching it from kissing??? We are just beginning a relationship after talking for a year, and I feel like this may be my soulmate. This really sucks! My mind is realing! I dont want to break up with him over this, but I dont want to catch it. What if we want to have kids one day? I dont want to pass this on to them. I had no idea what Lyme was like till I started researching it. And I have to say, I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy, much less someone I care about. I dont understand, if Lyme has been found in all body fluids then how can it not be transmitted? I cant understand why medical professionals have to be scared of dignosingand treating, for fear of losing their licenses, and being sued. I cant understand why the CDC says it cannot be sexually transmitted if there are so many saying it can. I cant understand why if this disease is incurable, and will ruin someones health, and their life that no one is doing anything. I feel like this disease affecting him, and not knowing if I can catch it, may have ruined the only real chance a happiness we will ever have! Is there anyone fighting for Lyme carriers future??? I watched a special last night about Lyme, and I was devistated. What people may not realize, is that Lyme causes every possible condition and disease you can think of. Who would want to chance that? And in my own state, NC Drs are having their medical licenses taken away because they are treating people. Lord, what is a girl to do?? I really want him to be treated and not have to suffer from arthritis, ms, mental and neurological issues, etc. I really want to stick with him. But if I cant kiss him and have sex with him, we dont have a chance at life together. Im not one to pray, but I am praying now. I dont know what to do!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Can Lyme Disease by passed on?

There are many ideas on the kissing. Or eatting after someone with the same utensils or straws. I know of a doc that has a family of 5 and they all have/had Lyme. He felt as though it was cause they ate after eachother..

Lyme bacteria is in the Syphilis family. I have worried myself that I have infected my current husband. Cause the more I have learned the more it points to it is transmitted via sex. Syphillis is and other things so why not Lyme?!

I can't and I don't think anyone can tell you what to do in this circumstance. Possibly remain freinds. BUT possibly the next guy you decided to become close with, well he could have it too. It hides in our bodies and at times people just do not know that they have it.

I have heard that over half of the population has it.

It is a tough call on what you should do. Only you know that.

I wish you luck in finding your answers.
One thing to always remember, no matter whom you kiss or have intimate sex with, you always have the chance of "catching" something.

Jodie

Closed Thread