It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
(female)

Jenny95123 HB User
Lyme Disease After Processing My Own Deer and Pig Meat?

I was wondering if it is possible to get Lyme Disease After Processing My Own Deer and Pig Meat without wearing gloves?

Old 07-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Lyme Disease After Processing My Own Deer and Pig Meat?

I have read that people have gotten Lyme from eatting under cooked meat. Jodie

Last edited by jojo; 07-28-2011 at 09:58 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jojo For This Useful Post:
Jenny95123 (07-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Nope, that's not how lyme disease is spread. It's spread by insect bites.

Now, if you hunted in an area where lyme disease is prevalent, and a lot of deer blood got into your mouth, or an open wound, THAT could cause lyme disease. (Of course, you could also have been bitten by a tick while hunting, which is more likely.)

However, you CAN catch assorted parasites from undercooked wild game, so next time, wear gloves or thoroughly wash your hands afterward, and clean your work area.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
Jenny95123 (07-28-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 11:55 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

FastUno HB UserFastUno HB User

YES YOU CAN.

-Lyme in the cyst (small form) can enter via a cut or open wound easily.
-It can be ingested if you happen to be cutting meat and managed to put your hand in your mouth.
-Can enter if you cut yourself with the knife while processing the meat.
-Can enter your body if you eat undercooked meat.
-Can be transferred to you via urine from an animal too.
-Can be sexually transmitted as well, which is hit or miss depending on where the spirochete travelled in the infected body.

A famous doctor at the forefront of Lyme had received FROZEN brain specimens from MS patients and had thawed them out for culturing. Guess what? It grew the spirochetes, even after freezing!

Old 08-21-2011, 06:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

If I remember this correctly, the doc in the documentary that is out now on lyme, he was studing Alsheimer patients. Used brains for studies. AND guess who got alsheimers from doing those studies.

From what I am learning from reading and my doctor. Once you have any bacteria, with short term antibiotic use to rid of them. Or any other treatment. All that we are doing is putting them into remission. Only for them to pop out later as some aliment.

FastUno I totally agree with you. Lyme can be gotten in "many" ways. And I am sure the cousin syphillis can too.
IF you stop and listen to the people around us, and soooo many people are ill nowdays...sure makes one wonder....

Jodie

Old 08-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jen, it was at the very end of the documentary...my jaw dropped...and made me wonder what has happened to him. pretty sad stuff.....

Last edited by jojo; 08-21-2011 at 08:04 AM.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

FastUno HB UserFastUno HB User

-You can also get it from Deer Flies, and fleas, and perhaps other unreported insects. Even a cat scratch, if the cat had happened to scratch itself and kill a tick releasing the spirochetes that get trapped under it's nails. Like to transfer to you if the scratch causes you bleeding.

Dave Martz had contracted this when dealing with a ALS patient himself many years ago. So the disease did not hit Dave for many years.

Last edited by moderator2; 08-30-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: please do not post a disallowed website

Closed Thread