It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
(female)

Sofadia HB User
Unhappy LLMD Northeren Nevada?

I'm looking for a LLMD in Northern Nevada (Reno).
I went to the ER about a month ago and began treatment for lyme based on bullseye-ish rashes. I went to the ER with intense nausea, dizziness, stiff neck, and a very big headache. They gave me 3 weeks of doxy, sent my blood for testing and I went back to my primary doc. He has given me 2 more weeks of doxy. The test was an eliza ran at the Nv State Health Lab- it came back negative. My primary just ran a Western blot, but the only choice he has is to send it to Quest.

I asked him about sending it to igenex, but he said he can't do that and is bound by contract to send it to quest. I'm still having symptoms- and last week believe I was herxing (it was awful). I have missed quite a bit of work. My doctor told me today that he doesn't believe it's lyme (and he never has) because my rashes come up 2-3 at a time on different parts of my body simultaneously. He has only seen the rash at the site of the tick bite, and he doesn't seem to think that the rashes coming up all over my body are lyme. He just referred me to a dermatologist, so hopefully they can help. I'd really like to find a LLMD if possible though. I'm afraid that he will stop the doxy soon and leave me to relapse. I will have been on the dox for 5 weeks after I'm done with this course.

I'm not sure what else to do. I don't have a whole lot of money and am limited as to what doctors I can see. I know I can't afford to run the igenex test out of pocket, so I'm starting to feel a little hopeless (and definitely depressed.)

I have some propolis in case the doc stops the doxy so I can at least continue with something.

Any advice or words of support or wisdom would be great. It's been a really tough week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread