It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2011, 01:45 AM   #1
(male)

Fax HB UserFax HB User
15 Months on Antibiotics and almost better.

I have been in treatment for Chronic Lyme now for 15 months with very good results.

Before i started treatment and for the first 14 days after starting on Antibiotics i was so sick i wanted to die.

I am about 95% better now and at 65 years old i keep up with all the young kids at the Gym.

The problem is every time i stop taking the Antibiotics the symptoms start coming back with in 14 days.

I then go back on Antibiotics and gets sick for a 4 to 5 days and then get better again.

I have tried most of the combinations of Antibiotics .
At this time i am on Doxy and Ceftin.

I had to do 35 to 50 min Aerobic exercise almost every day before i started to get better. {When i first started i could only do 4 minuets.}

I have learned all the tricks on how to do this even with bad knees and back.

If i could do it and get better so can you.

Dont give up— Hope to have been of help.

Walt

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fax For This Useful Post:
Ashley Sam (01-27-2012), chuey (03-21-2012), Fightinglyme (12-16-2011), singdog8 (12-26-2011)
Old 01-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
(female)

Tonee HB User
Re: 15 Months on Antibiotics and almost better.

Fax, you are my hero for exercising with LD, b/c I don't want to walk across the room...so I certainly do not want to exercise. But I read that it can help with recovery, maybe I'll start small as you did and see where that gets me. I'm 39, and have an 8 yr old, I'm determined..he needs his Mom!

What you said about your symptoms returning when you go off your antibiotics rang a bell, I was just recently reading "Cure Unknown, Inside the Lyme Epidemic" and in chapter 44 they discuss that very thing. Apparently Dr. Joe Burrascano (who as you may know is a famous LD who "cured his own Lyme Disease") had the same thing happen, after being on Ceftin for 26 mos, his symptoms went away but when he stopped treatment, he relapsed. This book I'm reading says that he finally recovered by "instead of resuming treatment at the first sign of relapse, he'd let himself fall far back into illness before starting the Ceftin again....he did this three times, the third time creating the worst herx he had in years...the symptoms then never came back". Maybe Dr. Burrascano mentions this in his "Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines" that can be found on-line??

It doesn't sound like fun...at all. I'm praying I can skip that part, for now I'm just following the doctors orders and hoping it just goes away without a fight. This book was written in 2008, I hope they have a better alternative by now.

I hope you get to 100% soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to Tonee For This Useful Post:
chuey (03-21-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread