It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
(male)

tryingtofindpeace HB User
22 and so stressed

well i had lyme when i was in junior high. 8th grade i was about 13, i am now 22 turning 23. back in jr high when i had lyme i did not have the bulls eye rash. my knee just got really inflamed and i went on meds to help me. since then i was free of any symptoms. this passed january i had blood work done again cuz i was feeling tired. lyme showed positive, took a months worth of doxy. since february i had alot of dental work done and been under alot of anxiety, feeling my teeth were falling out. now im convinced i have ms because for the past two days in that same leg i been having a tight almost paint feeling from my knee down. and figure it may be the lyme again? a flare up? m debating right now if i should go to the e.r. or not the feeling has become constant the rest of the day. on 2 days now of on and off feeling now it feels constant. i can say its almost a tight painfulness feeling from my knee almost down to my foot. scared and still have not only the ms thought in my head, but the lyme disease is going to be a burden on my life as well. if this is a flare up after i took the medication all through february, i am scared that i have some sort of permanent brain or nerve damage, if it is related to lyme how do i know this will go away..debilitating, im afraid if i go to sleep i will wake up with it worse and so on. i cant get it off my mind. then i look at the statistics and find that it really isnt so common of a disease. afraid that for me it is in the later stages. when i first got it in jr high i didnt have a bulls eye rash. now these make me nervous for the future and possible relapses? all i had in jr high was an inflammed knee, a little exhaustion around xmas. and to think its never cured and it can come back as more severe attacks on my body. and i might need iv treatments etc? i see some people i was reading in the forum have severe problems as well.

im here in my room not sure what to do. the ms lyme anxiety all running through my head because i hope it just anxiety. at 22 it makes me feel the rest of my life is going to be hell.

my mother had it and just was exhausted, took meds and thinks hse might have it again. she doesnt have any of the severe symptoms just exhaustion. should i be scared?

Last edited by tryingtofindpeace; 04-12-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2012, 03:39 AM   #2
(male)

tryingtofindpeace HB User
Re: 22 and so stressed

my only symptom is the tight weird feeling in the bottom of my leg left, knee down. someone on another forum said it could be a herx reaction from taking the meds ihrough february? someone else said relape? either way im going back to the doctor. i have not seen an llmd because i just found out what they are, i dont think the local one takes my insurance, i will call though. im scared that i am going to have flare ups now for the rest of my life because i was symptom free from jr high up until january. and before that i was just tired so i got tested. maybe i got bit again but i never felt or saw a rash. im worried about having this flare up all the time and be deblitiating to me and my relationship with my gf. i guess its hard to fully get rid of it. my anxiety was from me googling lots of things back when i turned 19. i am a hypochondriac and very depressed right now. sometimes i feel like i dont want to be alive as bad as it sounds. im just scared for the future for myself with this disease

Closed Thread