It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
(female)

freespirit87 HB User
LLD IN or near Alabama?

Hey everyone.

I've been dealing with lyme for about 5 years. I got dx in October of last year officially.

I am looking for a dr that can help me with the lyme. I have joint symptoms, extreme fatigue, some tinglyness every now and then, and in my own opinion moodiness and depression that was not there prior to the lyme.

My MD doesn't know what to do. He sent me to a neurologist- but I had already seen one who didn't scan my brain or anything, he did a simple nerve test....wanted to send me to a rheumatologist who I saw 2 years ago who said I had lyme disease then BUT NONE of my drs would believe me so it went untreated.

I am fed up with drs. and with dealing with this mess, and could really use some help!

I will travel if need be. As far as I can tell there aren't any in central AL- I've sent emails to several lyme related websites and they never responded back to me.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: LLD IN or near Alabama?

There are 2 threads above, How to Share Doctors Names, and Lyme Newbies...they will help guide you in searching for a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor.
That would be whom you would want to see, to rule Lyme and co-infections in or out.
Regular doctors do not specialize in these diseases.

Hope you find your answers soon!

Jodie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
(female)

freespirit87 HB User
Re: LLD IN or near Alabama?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
There are 2 threads above, How to Share Doctors Names, and Lyme Newbies...they will help guide you in searching for a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor.
That would be whom you would want to see, to rule Lyme and co-infections in or out.
Regular doctors do not specialize in these diseases.

Hope you find your answers soon!

Jodie
Hey Jodie
I read both those threads (I think I did anyway)

And I thought the instructions were to make a thread, with the area listed and then someone would PM you with drs names as we aren't allowed to discuss it.

I did hear back from one other website that someone else had posted on here and they gave me a lot of resources and several drs.

so I have to find out if my insurance will pay for an internist.

Closed Thread