It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
(female)

Dayna123 HB User
Anyone have problems with exes or people believing you

Hi Guys, I've had the worst couple of days, well longer than that (lol) I recently got my IGEnex test back and it was positive. I have an almost 7 year old who I think I passed Lyme onto through Breastfeeding. I have spent much of the night arguing with his father (we are divorced) about whether he has Lyme, worst of all my ex is skeptical about whether I even have Lyme, the problem for me is I appear normal on the outside and in his mind that means I am not sick. I have a boyfriend who I do not live with who, although he loves me he has 2 teenagers and lives on the other side of town. The stress of arguing with my ex and worrying about my son who is showing alot of signs that my ex is passing off as growing pains, normal tummy upsets, is really exaccerbating everything. I have my son most of the time and just don't know Im going to cope when/if he gets sicker. Everything is going against me, I have some money from an inheritance but I know this will run out and if I am not getting my son treated at the same time as me I worry when he gets sicker I won't have the funds or strength to help him.

I was bitten by a tick in a Colorado Zoo in 1997 (thats what I think) I have a damn happy snap of the little b a s t a r d in my holiday album (actually the Deer not the tick) as I had no idea I was even bitten. My symptoms came on just after my son was born and of course stupid me continued to breastfeed, of course we all know those first signs of exhaustion are explained away by being a first time mum not getting much sleep.

I feel pretty hopeless and alone at the moment, the only close family I had is my brother and we had a falling out over his wife so I really have very little support. Added to this I am worried that I may have passed this disease onto my current partner (or maybe even my ex - at the moment don't feel so bad about that, thats not true) sorry I am just so emotionally r a t s h i t at the moment.

I am about to start treatment on doxy soon and am hoping the fact that this has lied dormant in my body for such a long time doesn't mean I have no hope of fighting it. As I said at the moment I appear normal on the outide, I am trying to stay positive and am hoping I will win this fight. Stay true to yourselves people and thanks so much for those who have read this, I know it was a big one. Much love.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

FastUno HB UserFastUno HB User
Re: Anyone have problems with exes or people believing you

My daughter got bit and one of her first complaints were tummy aches. My tummy hurts she would say, there after (about 2 years) it was headaches. Now it's my feet hurt with burning of the souls of her feet. She has also become very emotional and cries a lot. I can relate to this too, since I also have it, although I don't cry on the outside.

Lyme is also sexually transmitted and behaves like the Syphilis bacteria. Both Borrelia Burdorferi (the bacteria that causes Lyme) and Syphilis are spirochetes that can and do burrow into any part of the body.

People around you tend not to believe, since it is nothing they can relate to. How can they since nothing in their lives has affected them this negatively. They have no concept of some of our description. Your best bet and aid will be to get connected with others like you and your situation and can understand you.

I have heard of many relationship stories and the trouble that Lyme can bring.

Does your boyfriend now show any symptoms? It usually takes a while and most likely years to surface, although if he had a compromised immune system it could attack earlier.

Last edited by FastUno; 04-23-2012 at 10:22 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to FastUno For This Useful Post:
Dayna123 (04-26-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
(female)

Dayna123 HB User
Re: Anyone have problems with exes or people believing you

Problem is I am in Australia and don't know if there is anyone from Sydney I can connect with, you guys are excellent though and give me hope. As for my boyfriend he is a smoker so yes his immune system will probably be compromised. He has stood by me so far and says he understands its not my fault but I know he is saying this while having no symptoms - I dont wanna ever see him looking at me with hate and blame. He is a great man so if anyone forgives it will be him but how can you forgive someone who gives you this disease?

Closed Thread