It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
(female)

Glamgirl0 HB User
Maybe Lyme?

I live in VA in 2008 I was walking my dogs in the woods behind my home a few days later I found a bulls eye rash but no tick. I was sick for months and months after that fevers, joint pain. My doctor said I had fibro and would not test me for lyme. At that point I had no fight in me and they gave me lyrica and I went on. I stoped lyrica and I changed my diet I stoped getting the sore throats although I still had joint pain. In the summer of 2011 I got another bulls eye rash after camping in the blue ridge mountains and I also had more encounters with ticks while I would garden. My joint pain came and went some chest pain as well as blurry vision. Went to the dr they checked my heart out and for whatever reason they could not see my heart during the echo and stress test. They said it was no big deal. I had some more joint pain, dizzy spells and horrible headaches. By nov I was planning my wedding working out like crazy and fought all of this! Now my joint pain, headaches and a new one for me memory loss has started. I forget to wash my hair in the shower which is crazy for me because I wash my hair daily. I forget what I'm doing in my house in the middle of cleaning, and today at the starbucks I forgot my regular order, my right eye also keeps tearing up and my vision is really getting worse but my eye dr said I have no issues. I have all these doctors telling me everything is ok? Should I ask to be tested for lyme and if so what test?? Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2012, 03:14 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
Re: Maybe Lyme?

Glam,

You need to forgo all these docs who have been giving you misinformation about Lyme and your symptoms throughout the years and find an LLMD - Lyme Literate Medical Doctor! This is a doctor who specializes in Lyme Disease. Once you find an LLMD you will begin the proper treatment for your ailments. Also, the lab that will perform the test for lyme disease is Igenex Lab in Palo Alto California. They can send you a kit or you can wait and have the LLMD do all this. Do not let your docs talk you into using some other lab for this test.

With two bulls eye rashes, alone, I would say you have Lyme and should seek treatment ASAP. Also, do as much research as you can and read through posts here, as well as "Lyme Newbies" at the top of this board. This is a serious disease, especially so if left untreated, so I hope I'm lighting a fire underneath you to not delay.

All the best!

Jen

Last edited by jenj770; 05-22-2012 at 03:16 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jenj770 For This Useful Post:
skrocki (05-22-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 05:18 AM   #3
(female)

Glamgirl0 HB User
Re: Maybe Lyme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenj770 View Post
Glam,

You need to forgo all these docs who have been giving you misinformation about Lyme and your symptoms throughout the years and find an LLMD - Lyme Literate Medical Doctor! This is a doctor who specializes in Lyme Disease. Once you find an LLMD you will begin the proper treatment for your ailments. Also, the lab that will perform the test for lyme disease is Igenex Lab in Palo Alto California. They can send you a kit or you can wait and have the LLMD do all this. Do not let your docs talk you into using some other lab for this test.

With two bulls eye rashes, alone, I would say you have Lyme and should seek treatment ASAP. Also, do as much research as you can and read through posts here, as well as "Lyme Newbies" at the top of this board. This is a serious disease, especially so if left untreated, so I hope I'm lighting a fire underneath you to not delay.

All the best!

Jen
Wow thank you so much for all the great info!! I really can't thank you enough for the reply I had NO idea about LLMD but I will start my search for one today, also I will make sure I use that lab thanks for everything!

Closed Thread