It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
(female)

tanepat HB User
Unhappy Lyme Disease

Hi all,
I need to find an LLMD near Atlanta Georgia and figure out how to go about treating newly diagnosed Lyme disease. I had a physical a month ago and told my doctor about numbness in my fingers that turned white then to red with burning. I was sure I had Raynaud's. I am an RN so they decided to test to antinucleated antibodies. They also sent me to an allergist for a brand new peanut allergy. Both doctors showed Elevated Immunoglobulin M at 493, almost double what it should be. The allergy doctor wanted me to go to a Rheumatologist, my appointment is still a month away.
I started reading and see that my elevated levels could be due to Brucellosis and I had been to India recently and ate yogurt. Oh no!!! I went in to the Doctor and insisted on a test for this and he also suggested Lyme disease testing. Of all things the test came back positive for Lyme and negative for Brucellosis.
I have some great symptoms, I started 3 months ago with pneumonia, then chills and nightsweats, bilateral knee pain, muscle twitching in my arms, cramps in my feet, UTI, hemorrhoids, nausea, rib pain, chest pain, heartburn, feeling like something is stuck in my epigastric area (appears like a gallbladder attack--I can say that I work in a chest pain observation unit-imagine how scared I have been),palpitations, shortness of breath, sore throat and a feeling like my throat is closing and exacerbation of mild asthma that had been controlled for 4 years. Anyone with all these symptoms out there?
I am wondering if anyone had the name of a doctor in the Atlanta, Georgia area. My doctor has given me a prescription for 200mg daily of doxycycline and in looks like I will need two to three times that amount for at least 4 weeks. i would like to educate them and find someone to help. Any LLMD name would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread