It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
(male)

StreetSmarts HB User
Lyme Disease or NOT? Marriage on ROCKS

My wife about 3 years ago had a hysterictomy & has been on Zoloft since the. She's 41 & we've been married 23 years. She always had much energy working in the yard or cleaning house. She started having joint pains & aches at her neck line, her back & her hips. She has much fatigue. Her Doctor thought it may be Lupus or MS, now they say its Osterprosis(I'm sure I'm spelling it wrong srry), I belive she may have Lyme Disease. My wifes a good woman with a caring heart for others & involved with helping our youbth at Church. She recently dropped a bomb on me & stated she didn't love me anymore & told a friedn she didn't want to be with me. I have been stunned. I'm curious if the Zoloft or potnetial Lyme Disease may be the problem. She taking care of an ill family member & doesn't even check on my or our pets. She also recently forgot her nieces birthday party which is really surprising due to her fondness for the niece. She is tired much of the time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. She has never had the western blot test for Lyme.
Thankyou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2012, 06:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Lyme Disease or NOT? Marriage on ROCKS

Hi Steetsmarts, so sorry for what you and your wife are going through.

I know antidepressants, can change a person. I have been on them. And had the lack of feeling.
And with my last hubby, I know being extremly ill changed me. And it changed him too living with me...

So your thoughts "could" be part of the answer.

From where you are sitting you could order a test kit from Igenex Lab in Palo Alto Ca....you should discuss it with her first. She will need a doctor to sign off on the test kit.

Testing for lyme is not accurate. So if it came out negative, it could be that she does have it.
It would be a grand idea to get her to a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor. (LLMD). They go mainly on clinical evaluation...many things she could have. So that would be your best bet.

Read the threads above ...Lyme Newbies....and ....How to Share Doctors names.

Lyme is in the Syphilis family, so it can be misdiagnoised as many things, such as mental problems, osteoprosis, fatigue, joint pain......ect ect...

I wish you luck in this journey!

Jodie

Last edited by jojo; 06-05-2012 at 06:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
lyme disease