It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
(female)

katnben HB User
Talking my lyme story

Hi all, I am new to the board and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 46 yr old wife and mother. I have a wonderful husband, beautiful daughter and 2 great step children. I also have Lyme Disease.

I started having trouble in 1999. My vision got totally screwed up and I started seeing double. About the same time I started experiencing the most odd sensations...felt like fleas on me all of the time. Well we had an inside dog, but no one else was bothered. I went for an eye exam which showed optic neuritis. After more attacks and multiple test and expense I was told two things.....1. I tested positive for lyme disease (we had been camping in New England about a year and a half before) and 2. I had possible/probable relapsing remitting MS.

At the time the MS diagnosis scared me worse than the Lyme. I had 28 days of IV rocephin and told that's it. Lyme is gone. Well long story short...nope! It is now 12 years later and I still experience symptoms! Still have the probable diagnosis of MS, because they have not found lesions on my brain, and am told by most doctors the Lyme Disease is cured. I beg to differ on that one. What I'm finding out is that if caught early on, yes...but after it gets into your nervous system (optic neuritis) not so.

So here I am, sitting up at 12:30, exhausted but unable to sleep, being sick of being sick and feeling like a hypochondriac. Like I'm crazy. I hate it for anybody else out there but I do hope I've found someplace where I can be among friends and people who understand.

Nice to meet ya!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #2
(female)

Lyme Girl HB User
Re: my lyme story

Hi,

I am new to the board as well and thought I would say hello. I cannot believe that you have been battling with Lyme as well as possibly MS for 12 years. One thing is true, you must be a strong, strong women. I am 24 and have been on treatment for lyme for 3 months now. I know the feeling like you are going crazy. I just wanted you to know that there are people here who you can talk to about it and can hopefully relate to what you are going through. I find that to be the hardest part about lyme, no one you know can relate, no one really knows what we are going through. It is alright to go a little stir crazy sometimes, just remember that there are people who care.

Last edited by Lyme Girl; 08-14-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Closed Thread