It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
(female)

ltommo HB User
Help Please

Hi all

I am in need of some advice from anyone with the relevant experience..
I have been diagnosed with ME for the last ten years and have recently become very sick and bed bound some days..I have tested positive for lyme disease on the elisa test and am just waiting for the westernblot test to confirm..
There is not much help for lyme disease in the uk and the doctors are not very helpful in treating it. I have probably had it for many years if the test confirms it i am now very worried about my two young children. I have heard that toa free samento and wormwood are effective treatments but as my children are only 1 and 3 I am wondering if to start them on samento and wormwood and if so what sort of dose I should be giving them..It could be years before they are properly diagnosed and treated if I have passed this on to them so am scared about leaving them untreated and them ending up like me..I have spoken to a few herbalists and none of them are sure so if there is anyone with any advice or alternatives to try please could you let me know..
I would also like to try these out so would appreciate any advice on dosage for adults.

Many Thanks

ltommo..

Old 06-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Help Pls

Hi, from where you are sitting you might be able to find a Lyme Support Group in your area. Possibly they can direct you in the direction of a Lyme Literate Natruopath for you and your babies to go to.

There are two threads above for Lyme Newbies and How To Share Lyme Doctors Names....

Hope you find your answers!

Jodie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
(female)

ltommo HB User

Thank you so much for your reply I will try that.

The following user gives a hug of support to ltommo:
jojo (06-11-2012)
Old 06-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB User

ltommo,

I understand your concern about your young ones.

Jodie gave you good advice. I would also recommend checking out the alternative protocol Salt/C. You may find some negatives about it but this is usually because the protocol is not done correctly or people panic when they have herxes and then think the salt (Real salt only to be used!) is the cause. This is the only protocol that I used to cure my LD. I know also that many have used it for their children because it is oftentimes a safer choice then harsh antibiotics. You might also check out the book The Salt C Plus Protocol for Lyme Infection by M. Fett.

Whatever path you choose I wish you all the best,

Jen

Last edited by jenj770; 06-11-2012 at 06:36 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jenj770 For This Useful Post:
ltommo (06-11-2012)
Old 06-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #5
(female)

ltommo HB User

thanks I have read about the salt c but presumed it was a joke after the publicity surrounding it..am pleased to hear it is not..would i be able to put a very young child on it my daughter is only 1? I presume i would have to do this off my own back as i don,t think our local doctor would support me on this one..?

Old 06-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB User

Doctor's rarely support anything alternative. If you're interested, I would do the research. There really is more supporting it than anything negative I've seen and it certainly isn't a joke!. Many people have declared they owe their life back to Salt/C. It might only seem scary if you don't understand the process.

Again, whatever you choose I wish you the best,

Jen

Old 06-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
(female)

ltommo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenj770 View Post
Doctor's rarely support anything alternative. If you're interested, I would do the research. There really is more supporting it than anything negative I've seen and it certainly isn't a joke!. Many people have declared they owe their life back to Salt/C. It might only seem scary if you don't understand the process.

Again, whatever you choose I wish you the best,

Jen

Old 06-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
(female)

ltommo HB User

Thanks very much for all the advice appreciate it.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #9
(female)

ltommo HB User

Hi Jen

Just managed to get the book on amazon ;o)

Thanks again x

Old 06-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Jen:
Ii have two questions about the salt c protocol. If you are not sure if you have lyme but your have symptoms, would salt c hurt you? Also, do you get high blood pressure from it? Thanks. LaLa

Old 06-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #11
(female)

ltommo HB User
Re: Help Please

I just wanted to add I read the book online last night and took a first dose last night..I am not sure how fast it is supposed to work but I took 2grams of each one dose and this morning my head is clear. It hasn't been that way for over a year and i feel slightly improved for the first time in a very long time so I will be sticking with this protocol thanks so much Jen..I thought that maybe mine had gone too far and was incurable but this has given me new hope...I still have a lot of pain and know there is a long way to go but any improvement is a benefit even if it only lasts a few hours lol ..I also had the deepest nights sleep I have had since the start of being ill..
I was thinking last night that maybe it has been my fault because of my two young children I have tried to be healthier and cut out pretty much most of the salt from our diet...

Old 06-12-2012, 03:10 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala52 View Post
Jen:
Ii have two questions about the salt c protocol. If you are not sure if you have lyme but your have symptoms, would salt c hurt you?

No

Also, do you get high blood pressure from it? Thanks. LaLa
Your B/P can spike. Mine did. But this is only temporary as the body is adjusting and will go back down again, often times, even lower! It is the Morton's salt (blue box with the girl on it) that is harmful because it is processed. When docs advise against too much salt they don't realize there is a difference. Morton's you absolutely should be careful with! The S/C protocol must only be done with Himalayan or Real salt. These are definitely not processed and are actually good for you. Do some research on the benefits of salt (real salt). You will be amazed how we've been misinformed.

Last edited by jenj770; 06-12-2012 at 03:11 AM.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:19 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltommo View Post
I just wanted to add I read the book online last night and took a first dose last night..I am not sure how fast it is supposed to work but I took 2grams of each one dose and this morning my head is clear. It hasn't been that way for over a year and i feel slightly improved for the first time in a very long time so I will be sticking with this protocol thanks so much Jen..I thought that maybe mine had gone too far and was incurable but this has given me new hope...I still have a lot of pain and know there is a long way to go but any improvement is a benefit even if it only lasts a few hours lol ..I also had the deepest nights sleep I have had since the start of being ill..
I was thinking last night that maybe it has been my fault because of my two young children I have tried to be healthier and cut out pretty much most of the salt from our diet...
That's great to hear! I just wanted to advise not to be discouraged when you herx. Herxing happens when whatever you are taking is working, so it's a good sign. Use some of his dextox methods when needed, for sure! If you've had LD for a long time it then takes time to recoup. Read and reread the book when in doubt and just make sure you are doing the protocol exactly as advised there. Very important! Let me know how it goes or if you hit a rough patch and are worried.

To health!

Jen

The Following User Says Thank You to jenj770 For This Useful Post:
ltommo (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 03:59 AM   #14
(female)

ltommo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenj770 View Post
That's great to hear! I just wanted to advise not to be discouraged when you herx. Herxing happens when whatever you are taking is working, so it's a good sign. Use some of his dextox methods when needed, for sure! If you've had LD for a long time it then takes time to recoup. Read and reread the book when in doubt and just make sure you are doing the protocol exactly as advised there. Very important! Let me know how it goes or if you hit a rough patch and are worried.

To health!

Jen
Its lunchtime and my head is still clear..
I have been sick for 10 years the last year seriously and some days do not make it out of bed..today i have taken the kids to the park for the first time in months i could honestly cry..
I have ordered the detox products recommended so will start on those when they arrive and let you know how i get on.. x Thank you so much again..

Old 06-12-2012, 04:58 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltommo View Post
Its lunchtime and my head is still clear..
I have been sick for 10 years the last year seriously and some days do not make it out of bed..today i have taken the kids to the park for the first time in months i could honestly cry..
Wonderful to hear!

I was misdiagnosed for about 14 years. I didn't learn about S/C until 3 years after this, with testing and correct diagnosis. By that time I was barely functioning - bed bound or using a cane to get around. Every system of my body was malfunctioning. It took me about 5 years on S/C (probably delayed because I was in a chronic state and I didn't always do it religiously by the book. One year I even, mistakenly, went off it because I was feeling so well and thought I was cured).

I now no longer test positive. This, after years of always testing positive for LD and many co-infections. Now I just do one maintenance dose every day as I feel stress can still slightly affect my immune system, but nothing like before where I would "go down" for months at a time! They say once you reach a chronic stage you're never 100% home free. I'm not sure about this. The person who wrote the book you're reading thinks it's possible for even those with chronic, late-stage lyme to beat it completely with S/C. For me, the jury is still out. But S/C most definitely saved my life, that's for sure!

Also wanted to mention - since you now have access to the book you also have info. about the support group for Salt/C. I would definitely make use of this!

Jen

Last edited by jenj770; 06-12-2012 at 05:25 AM.

Closed Thread