It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
(male)

netphaze HB User
Concerned about possible lyme - please help!

On April 29, I woke up feeling fine. Over the course of the day, I noticed a slightly weak/tight feeling in my right forearm. I had noticed this on two occasions before, where it lasted 1-2 days then went away. Both of those times, it occurred after using a device at work that was straining on the arm/hand, so I attributed it to that. I was worried this time though, because I had been out of town for a few days, visiting old friends and having a good time, and didn't see any reason for it to be reappearing.

This made me worry through the next day. Over the course of that day, I also developed a terrible hazy, disoriented feeling. That feeling has not gone away to this day, almost 2 months later. I do feel better the more relaxed I am, but it does not ever go away completely. Sometimes it feels like I am in a dream.

Over the past two months, I have developed more symptoms. Some of them come and go. Most are usually worsened with stress/anxiety. Here is a list of what I've been experiencing.

-Hazy/dazed/disoriented feeling described above

-Off-balance, slightly dizzy feeling - not vertigo (occasional)

-Tightness in right arm

-Stiff feeling in right hand, like it is about to cramp (but no cramping)

-Feeling of tightness/weakness in left calf, similar to right arm

-Light tingling in upper right arm

-Muscle twitches - under right eye (always appear after squinting), feet (throughout the day), and isolated twitching in calves, back, and arms

-Vision issues - no blurriness, and I still have 20/20 vision, but it seems like my eyes are

hypersensitive to light, shadows, etc. Just looking around quickly is a little disorienting. Basically, things just don't look like they're supposed to.

-Fullness/ringing in ears. The ringing is never severe and comes and goes. The fullness feeling also comes and goes, and appears in either ear.

I am able to do physical activity just fine. I often run 5-10 miles with no issues. I play basketball as well. During those times, I feel most normal. Even the head issues seem to go away. I did notice that today while playing basketball, during periods of rest, my right arm felt really tight. But while playing, I didn't notice any issues.

I had basic blood work which all came back normal. Liver, kidney, thyroid function ok. I have had EMGs of my arms and legs, which were normal. I had MRIs of the brain, and C/T/L spine with and without contrast, all normal, aside from several mildly herniated discs (1 C, 1 T, 2 L).

I have read through a great deal of information on these forums, and I am worried about possible lyme. I live in Chicago right now and do not know where or how I can go about finding an LLMD. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Re: Concerned about possible lyme - please help!

netphaze:
Do you have any idea if you have ever noticed a tick bite? Even in the past. You could have had a dormant case and something activated it. Your symptoms do sound like Lyme. I would start with having blood work taken to Igenix in CA. Then I would find a LLMD even if you have to drive a little out of your area. I have some very similar symptoms to you and still trying to figure out if I have lyme or not. Good luck and let us know what is going on. LaLa

Old 06-21-2012, 05:37 AM   #3
(male)

netphaze HB User

Thanks for your response!

I do not have any recollection of any tick bites or unusual rashes. That's why I dismissed lyme at first, but now that I've done more research, I know that not everyone who's infected gets a rash or remembers a bite.

What do I need to do to get blood work done at Igenix? Which tests should I have done?

Old 06-21-2012, 06:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Net:
I don't remember what I did but if you call them they will give you all the info on the phone. Google the company and get their number. They will send you the kit of vials and paper work. You have to go to your dr or lab and have the blood drawn and send it to them in California. I went to my dr and showed him the paper work and he made up a script for the blood work. I took everything to the lab and they filled the vials and I did the rest. Call them. Good luck. LaLa

Closed Thread