It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
(female)

jjj943 HB User
New lyme diagnosis, looking for advice please!

Hello,

I was just diagnosed with Lyme disease after about a year of undiagnosed problems. A year ago last summer I was bit by a tick (I remember being bit and removing the tick but no other problems) and since then I have had problems such as persistent TMJ, double vision that lasted 14 hours and now vision is slightly messed up, tingling and numbness in different parts of body that all resolved almost 100%, tinnitus lasting a few weeks, dizziness, and bad anxiety. I just went to the doctor because my whole side went numb and tingly for a week and it was accompanied with a lot of dizziness. It's still there a little bit but lots better. I got tested for lyme and had a positive Igm and IGg was 1.23, which they told me meant it was a new infection but all my other symptoms lead me to believe it is not a new infection.

I am on 500 mg of Ceftin for 30 days. My mom and I don't believe this is long enough to be treated since I've been sick for a whole year. I'm going to push for 60 days of treatment, but does anyone think I should be treated with IV? I don't know what to do because I don't want it to progress any further then it already has! My thinking hasn't really been affected yet, except for some minor things like emotional instability and loss of words sometimes. I don't want it to get worse, I'm pretty scared.

Advice?

The following user gives a hug of support to jjj943:
Seacluded (07-12-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: New lyme diagnosis, looking for advice please!

Hi! There are 2 threads above that you should read over, they have advice for newbies..
One is How to share LLD names and the other Lyme Newbies.

It would do you good to get to a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor. They know how to treat Lyme. You should also be tested for co-infections.

I wish you luck!

Jodie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
(female)

Seacluded HB User
Re: New lyme diagnosis, looking for advice please!

Hi, I am new also but NOT new to lyme. Please read my post "Is it too late to manage Lyme". I was treated exactly like you are being treated. The poster (Jodie)who told you to get a LLMD is correct; I failed to do that and that was my major mistake.

I absolutely think you need IV therapy (again, see my post) but I am not a doctor so take Jodie's advice, get a LLMD and go from there. I wish you luck.

Last edited by Seacluded; 07-12-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Closed Thread