It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
(female)

jjj943 HB User
Started on cowden protocol, need advice!

Hello,

I went to a LLMD a few days ago and I chose his treatment option of the cowden protocol for 6 months. I will start it when I go back to school. Has anyone used this, and could you tell me your experience with it? I am scared to herx badly while I'm at school. I won't mind a mild herx because it'll show that I'm getting better but I'm not sure I'll be able to handle a bad herx with all the classes I'm taking.

Thanks!

Old 07-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Re: Started on cowden protocol, need advice!

jjj:
I am sorry that i don't know anything about that protocol. But just a suggestion...why don't you start it now? I am assuming school starts in about a month. Maybe the herxing will not be as bad by then. LaLa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
(female)

daisy2525 HB User

Did you start? And if so how is it going? I am strongly thinking I am going to do that instead of antibiotics.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:52 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

If you have a choice of herbal therapies you might consider, instead, the Buhner protocol. Over the years, there has been much controversy about the Cowden protocol. Some say that it doesn't hit all the stages of the cyst. Anecdotes indicate that many have relapsed down the road. That said, I hope it works well for you! Personally, I think Salt/C superior to both programs, for the major lyme busting plan, of which herbal therapies are used as well.

Whatever program you choose, detoxing is a must! If you don't detox you are likely to feel ill for the entire treatment, which can be lengthy!

Jen

Last edited by jenj770; 08-19-2012 at 03:53 AM.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
(female)

scheuerman HB User
Talking Re: Started on cowden protocol, need advice!

I have done the Cowden Protocol. In fact, I am in the middle of my second round on it. I did the first session of the Cowden Protocol starting in Jan 2011. I herxed for the first couple of months but then it leveled out and I felt GREAT-the best I had felt in 15 years! At the 6 month mark, I decided to continue on it for another 3 months so I did 9 months total. I took time off from it and all antibiotics from October 2011 through Feb 2012. Unfortunately I was having dental issues and was then on/ff abx's from Feb '12-June '12 after having a tooth extracted and a bout of Shingles in June-Aug '12 I decided to go back on the Cowden Protocol after I recieved a number of black fly and chigger bites and got a reinfection---so, I am not back on Cowden and herxing like crazy when taking the Enula and HH....so its obvious that Bartonella is back so my LLMD has me also taking Doxy and Bactrim as well however I am not handling the Bactrim too good--starting to get the raw/peeling skin thing so I stopped it.

Any way, I highly recommend the Cowden Protocol. It totally works and is a bit more gentle on your stomach but you do still herx just as much when its killing off bacteria.

Note: I am also taking Lumbrokinase along with Cowden.

Closed Thread

Tags
cowden, cowden protocol, herx, lyme