It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
(female)

BlueCrush1983 HB User
Does Lyme show up in regular bloodwork?

Ok so I am 29 and have been going downhill for the past 9 months. My symptoms include, achy joints/muscle pain, fatigue, brain fog, weird muscle vibrations, itching, stiff neck, fluid in ears, ear pain, TMJ, and low back pain!....I have been tested for everything under the sun including having a CBC, Elisa Lyme test, thyroid function, HIV, Hep C ect.!....Can I still have a parasitic infection with all this normal blood work?...Does this sound like it could be Lyme? I have traveled through 3rd world countries and I'm sure I have been bit by fleas, mosquitos, ticks, ect...

Thanks so much!

Old 08-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
(female)

cleo2222 HB User
Re: Does Lyme show up in regular bloodwork?

Hi..I had Lyme in 2010. YOu need a Western Blot Test for Lyme. The ELISA isnt sensitive enough ..you have ALL the symptoms I had!! ASk your doc for the Western Blot ...let us know how you make out an good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi, from where you are sitting, you can find Igenex Lab, call and request a test kit from them. You should be able to talk with someone, let them know in what areas of the world you have been and live. And they will advise on what to test for. This will most likely come out of your pocket, but they are the best lab so far for sensitive Lyme and co testing.

You should search out a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor. There are 2 threads above, Lyme Newbies and How to Share LLD names.

Even if your test comes out negative, they go symptoms.

Jodie

Old 08-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
(female)

BlueCrush1983 HB User

Thanks for the tips guys!!...If there was one test for Lyme disease that you would go with what would it be??....A Western Blot from Igenex Lab?...I'm tight for cash but I'm willing to pay for the most sensitive and accurate of these tests!...Thanks so much

Amy

Old 08-30-2012, 06:15 AM   #5
(female)

FloridaLymie HB User

According to my LLMD the Western Blot excludes certain strains of Lyme. The same strains that they have patented to develop a vaccine that the FDA has not approved. the INGENX test has a broader spectrum of strains and tests at more sensitive levels. MOst people who contact Lyme also have co-infections which will be overlooked and could very well be causing more symptoms than the lyme. Also ask to have your cd-57 levels checked. The effect of Borrelia burgdorferi (the bacteria that causes lyme) on the cd-57 cells is unique and is used along with clinical diagnosis to confirm Lyme when a western blot cannot. As the PP states....start looking for an LLMD (lyme literate doctor) or a lyme literate RN, who will be more willing to order all the right tests and start tackling the root of all your problems. Good Luck

Closed Thread