It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
(male)

achillez16 HB User
Lyme disease Test Positive... Need help interpreting

Hi,

I got 2 bands positive for lyme disease. to my knowledge I have had no tick bites and no rash, I also live in an area where lyme disease is virtually not present. So considering the result is a false positive. Does that mean that I HAVE to be positive for any of the remaining cross reacting antibodies (below) .. or can it just be a false positive and I dont have antibodies from the cross reacting diseases.

Cross Reactivity - rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus and treponemal infections, varicella-zoster virus, Epstein-Barr virus and cytomegalovirus and herpes simplex virus (HSV) type 2 , HIV. .etc

Old 08-06-2012, 05:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Lyme disease Test Positive ... Need help interpreting

Hi ahchillez....

One does not have to be bit by a tick nor display the bullseye rash. Many people do not have this rash or it may be somewhere that they don't see it. And there are other types of rashes that we can get that don't look anything like the bullseye. (if we get a rash)
Any insect that bites, draws blood and goes from host to host can carry the lyme bacteria, along with other bacterias and viruses.
Mosquitos, fleas, knats, bed bugs, black flies on and on....

One can also get lyme from blood transfusions, some say sex beings it is in the syphilis family, and some say our meat is contaminated with it and milk.
Sooooo, there are other ways....

If you are displaying symptoms, I would read over Lyme Newbies, above, and How to share LLD Names.

Take care,

Jodie

The Following User Says Thank You to jojo For This Useful Post:
achillez16 (08-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Achillez:
What are your symptoms and what bands were positive? laLa

Old 08-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
(male)

achillez16 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala52 View Post
Achillez:
What are your symptoms and what bands were positive? laLa
I m having muscle aches, knee pain in both knees with some swelling, ankle pain after walking, elbow pain ON / OFF , big toe joint pain , Sore Throat with white spots on the tonsils , jaw pain at times. . evening chills and night sweats. . .

Igm was positive for bands 23 and 41 .. and Igg 41 . . '

But today i also got a positive RF factor of 9.8 . .. so I m not sure if its Rheumatoid Arthritis. . Extremely worried rit now. .

Old 08-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Lyme disease Test Positive... Need help interpreting

achillez, some people don't even display one band. You have symptoms I would see a doctor that deals in Lyme and co-infections. Chills could also be Babesia. which is a co-infection.

Also some Rheumatologist, treat arthrtis with antibiotics, beings there are some bacterial infections that can cause it.
I was told I had this, and now I don't....

We have to always keep in mind, there are "reasons" that our bodies get sick. Finding that reason is the hard part.

It took me many years and many many doctors before I found out I had lyme and co's. Then many years of treatment. My knees still bother me at times, as some aches and pains...but not even close to what I was.

I got to the point I got tired of doctors telling me I had this or that, that I had to learn to live with what I have. I finally stummbled upon 2 doctors, that listened and helped me along my journey of healing.

If I had to do it all over again, and had found these boards, and listened to what others had gone through. I would run to a LLMD and start treatment. Or some type of alternative treatment.

Hang in there...

Jodie

Closed Thread

Tags
lyme