It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
(female)

Lyme Girl HB User
Smile My Lyme Story

Hello all,
This is my first post on this site and I wanted to introduce myself to you guys. I am a 24 yr old girl and was diagnosed with chronic lyme disease three months ago. I believe I was infected with the disease seven months before the doctors figured it out. I was diagnosed with leukemia first. My doctor sent me for countless blood work, x-rays, ultrasounds, MRI's, CT scans. He worked very hard to figure out what was wrong. He did a good job, but because the Canadian lyme disease test did not indicate that I have lyme disease, he will not treat me for it. I live in Canada and the test for lyme disease as well as the treatment is very inadequate. I am sure you all are aware and frustrated that lyme disease is such a contraversal thing. I now go to the United States for treatment.

I was working full time. I believe I got infected when I was gardening. I was so sick that I had to move out of the house with my boyfriend and back in with parents in order to be closer to my doctor. I had to quit my job and have not been off work for 10 months. My family and boyfriend are amazing and extremely supportive. But sometimes it is hard not to go stir crazy!

The ignex test showed a positive result for babepsia (spelling) and two other bacterial infections that indicate lyme disease. I am currently on antibiotic therapy and have been for the last three months. Good days come and go as well as frequent bad days in between which I hope are a herx reaction.

I find myself anxious a lot. On bad days when I am in bed all day I become very anxious and depressed.

I just can not wait until I get better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: My Lyme Story

Hi Lyme Girl, sorry for what you are going through.

Your very lucky to have found what is wrong with you. Good for you to keep going until you found your answers.

Always a blessing to have family to help you out. That is something many of us have had a hard time with.

I hope you get back up on your feet soon.

Welcome to the board!!

Jodie

Closed Thread

Tags
lyme