It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
(female)

ozarkchix HB User
Painful Tendons & muscles

At first I thought I was having joint pain but I believe it is my tendons and it causes my joints and muscles to be so tight and stiff. I dread going to bed at night because I'll wake up and try to turn over but my legs are frozen. It takes quite a while before I can get my joints to bend. In the morning I'm like a turtle on its back trying to get upright. Lots of pain and can hardly walk the first hour or so in the morning. It is starting to do the same in my right shoulder. Had to quite working because of the pain and also clumsiness of walking. Occassional muscle spasms because of this. Is anyone out there dealing with this? If so what are you doing or taking for the pain. It seems as though getting rid of the pain helps me with mobility. I've taken aleve & ibuprofin for pain but my LLMD says I should not use anti-inflamitory meds for very long. LLMD has a series of shots (30-50 shots) injected next to the bone that will get my tendons back in good shape (he says), but at $90 pr shot and no insurance I can't afford that. Any suggestions for the pain? Anyone with personal experience with these shots?

I've been on doxy, now on cefton and my doc says the abx should be the best pain reliever. Well doc, guess what ....... it ain't happening. How long does it take being on abx for this pain to go away?

Thank you all and God bless,
Linda

Old 08-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
(male)

guitargal HB Userguitargal HB User
Re: Painful Tendons & muscles

same story here. pain for a year. i had good days of ceftin and plaquinil. sp?

joints muscles. feeling like my elbows are locked in the morning. had my legs lok up too.. walking like frankensteins monster in the aM.

hot baths, heating pads, ice, water and prescription pain meds now. anti anxiety meds help.
idk still waiting for igenx tests, could be barts..

The Following User Says Thank You to guitargal For This Useful Post:
ozarkchix (08-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2012, 03:55 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Try high doses of Magnesium supplement as well as soaks in magnesium oil or epsom salts(from the drugstore) before bed. I also like Terry Naturally Curcumin for pain. It is a natural supplement so is more subtle than prescription drugs, but it works well for me.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #4
(female)

ozarkchix HB User

Thanks for the suggestion, had never heard of curcumin so will be looking for it. As soon as I get a bar installed in my tub I'll start with the soaks. Getting in and out of a tub would be a major accomplishment at this time, but I'm working on it.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
(male)

guitargal HB Userguitargal HB User

i know how hard it is to get in and out of the tub..cleaning it first is the worst!

Old 08-18-2012, 02:38 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkchix View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, had never heard of curcumin so will be looking for it. As soon as I get a bar installed in my tub I'll start with the soaks. Getting in and out of a tub would be a major accomplishment at this time, but I'm working on it.
You can just do a foot soak with mag. oil or epsom salts. It's about getting the magnesium into the body.

The Following User Says Thank You to jenj770 For This Useful Post:
ozarkchix (08-18-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

We need to make sure to Detox the body as we go through treatment of any kind.
As you kill off the bacteria it throws off gases, which accumulates in our bodies, So you need to help draw the dead stuff and ammoniae out.

Infared sauna, Hydrogen peroxide and Epsom Salt baths, Lots of good water, many ways to detox, You can find ways from where you are sitting.

Detoxing might help with the pain also. Took years of treatment to kill the buggers in my bones and muscles, to get any relief from pain. And at that time I had no idea about detoxing.

Jodie

Old 08-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #8
(female)

ozarkchix HB User

Thanks, Jodie for the good advise. I've only had this 4-5 mo and am surprised at how much it has affected my life already. Thank God I caught it so soon. Been using my electric blanket to get a good sweat first thing in the AM, then a shower. I even have the blanket set on low all night to keep body temp uncomfortable for the little monsters. A person can't let their guard down for a minute, as this is certainly a battle.

Blessings to you,
Linda

Closed Thread